Kimbolton, Sporting Bears.

Gavin

And we have decided we're not going to make it for 9am so see us when you see us. If you have to go maybe you can leave the passes under a bush or somat :p  :p

It'll be more like 930, 10ish we think.

Oh! and if the forecast thunderstorms materialise you'll get the £5 donation in teh post  :cool:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gavin

• KerryS

• jak

• CrashBangWallop

Hi Kerry,

We will be leaving MacDonalds at 9.30 so hopefully see you there, with out the pass it will cost you more to get in so as I am in my tin top due to not having my westy fixed yet I shall wait for you if ya like, just give me a bell on 07833653548 to let me know roughly what time you will arrive. I shall be taking a big marquee that will fit about 4 cars in for those with no roof, just incase.

Gav

I shall be taking a big marquee that will fit about 4 cars in for those with no roof, just incase.

Might be a bit of a fight for that then  :D  :D

Met Office

Not looking hopeful  :angry:

Hmmm.  I've been keeping an eye on a few weather sites for the past few days.  It doesn't look nice, does it?

*** I got the tickets, thanks, Gav.

Neil

Hi gavin,

Looking at the weather forecast for Sunday, I won't be going - sorry but SWMBO, a dog and the roof on the westfield there and back are more than my sanity could stand!  :(

PM me you're address and  I'll send you a cheque for the entry  fee.

John

Not sure what's happened to the forecast, but if it's anything other than torrential rain I"ll still see you at MacDonalds. Can't get any wetter than driving back from Harewood...

Hey guys it's bright sunshine here, hopefully be the same tommorow.

Jak if you aren't coming don't wory about the money mate.  :D

At least you guys have a roadworthy car to take, mines still sitting there with a craked nose, no indicators and no MOT. Hopefully on a couple more weeks to go before it goes to the factory.

Gav

Gav - like jak I am still not sure about coming, none of the forecasts seem to agree, except it would seem we'd get a dry run there and wet coming home and 90 mins in the pouring rain in an open Westy is not my idea of fun (wimp I know).

Getting to this show is doomed for me. Last year, baking hot and wife's Dad dies that day so had to cancel at last minute, this year Mother-in-law tells me to go and not to worry about the "anniversary" and it goin to chuffin heave it down.

I will call you tomorrow Gav to let you know what we're doing and like John, will make the donation.

Gav

Just seen the BBC TV forecast and it looks nasty just when we would be driving to and from the event so I'm going to wimp out too.

I've got an aeroscreen car with no wet weather gear at all and a wife who is just starting to enjoy toodling about.

Soaked to the skin and earache on the same trip - no thanks.

We may well come over later in a car with a roof.

If you need the pass money I can send it or give it to you if I find you tomorrow.

Good luck and perhaps see you tomorrow

Gav,

Like many others I have only an aero so no roof or tonneau, was looking forward to my first run out with other Westfields but am loathe to get soaked and drown the car. If you email me your address will send you a fiver for the ticket.

Steve

Sorry, Gav. I bottled out, too.  I realise you won't read this until you get back, but I held off as long as I could.  My daughter's face tripping her up was the deciding factor. :)  I hope you had a good 'un.

Neil

You bunch of women.

Scruffy and I know a dry way back from the show, though it's a little slow.

Does the route go back via mansfield - if not it's f**k all good to me .  :angry:  :p  :D  :D

John