Thames Valley Meet March

Phil. S

Good to hear you're firing on all six cylinders David. :t-up: Nice drive up and an even better one following Steve Thorne down the back roads. I set the video up for te return journey, but for some reason it didn't work, which was a real shame as I would have had a lot of good footage of Steve. :( It worked on the drive out, but because I was leading the convoy there were no Westies in the shots. And because of the traffic, it was a bit pedestrian anyway. Lovely morning anyway. :)

I'll have to sort out a track day soon though for all the keen new members we have. Any suggestions? I love Brands and Silverstone, which aren't too far. Then there's always Abingdon and Castle Combe, so long as we're all under 100db. Any suggestions?

so long as we're all under 100db.

Well that's me out at the moment then!  :arse:

Great turn out and good fun on the convoy. Had a great blat on my way back too.

Seems like this new idea is a real flyer and I'd be up for some more of this morning.

100db hmm yeah good excuse for a new silencer :) anyway thanks to Phil for organisation and erverybody for a great day! realy enjoyed it. Definatley have to sort out a track or airfield day, Roll on the next breakfast run!!

Great morning run enjoyed breakfast! 100db is a bit optomistic for my car at the moment but I'm sure that can be put right. Definatley up for a track day soon, thanks for organising today Phil and I'm glad you enjoyed the drive home :D  :D  :p

100db hmm yeah good excuse for a new silencer :) anyway thanks to Phil for organisation and erverybody for a great day! realy enjoyed it. Definatley have to sort out a track or airfield day, Roll on the next breakfast run!!

Like you need an excuse!  ;) You were after a new silencer as soon as you finished building your car. To be honest, I much prefer proper tracks to airfields. It's nice to have a garage to park your car in, and curbs instead of 'orrible cones. The cost difference isn't great either. On top of that Brands/Silverstone/Cadwell and Rockingham are 105db, so most won't have a problem. (I might. Mine was measured at 110db at Castle Combe last weekend. :( But I think I'll have a nice new silencer sorted this week. :)) For those who are new to track days Silverstone is as safe as any airfield, and the GP track is just brilliant.

Sounds like the breakfast run may turn out to replace the midday bird in hand venue, though in the summer we may struggle for parking spaces with all those bikes.

:D  :t-up: Silverstone sounds good, would love to have a go at driving it, will save some pennies :)

Here's a few pics of the meeting. Sorry they're a bit rushed. I only remembered to take them as people we're about to set off, so missed a few cars.

2small2.JPG

Steve's, Dale's and my car.

small1.JPG

Paul and Dan discussing whether blue is the new yellow. :p

small3.JPG

And Dale legging it before a biker gives him a ticket.  :)

Ditto all the above comments - good run, good company, good grub and great weather!

Like the idea of breakfast meets with a little blat to get there.

Very keen to lose my track day virginity, so count me in when the time comes!

skOOby

If you don't mind an airfield, there's this one. Only £60 and no noise limits! You'll need a fire extinguisher though. Another option is to hijack a Lotus on Track Abbeville day. They're about £80, and you can make a nice weekend out of it. Crossings are cheap too (clicky).