• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• slippy

• Andrew

• Pilot Pete

i think it jumps because my cars set like a rock :oops: i seem to be losing time around mountain/hall

tex you should always have a back up car i used my tow car at anglesey when my clutch went on the 7th  :arse:

yea i had thought of that but the lease car i have is a nissan note tractor - on lease... dont think they would of been toooooo chuffed... still it was nice i was home at the time - i had on my building site right now (loft conversion) a chippy, plumber, sparky and brikky all wanting to know the right direction... so that was sorted and i managed to buy a belter of an air bath... dozens of programmable air patterns complete with chromatherapy lighting....  ???  mines first dip.... not all lost but weight in the wallet...

still - i managed to measure the wheel alignment - holy crap... the left rear wheel has a 38mm toe out difference to the right!!!!!!!!! - probably after the crash on kirkstone pass..

thats now fixed... hopefully if this damn wet stuff stops i can try it!!

Looks like I pressured him to much into Park bend  :D

Think that was the same chump that would not let me past even though the Blade was quicker through the bends etc I just ended up taking him on the brakes in the end because he would not indicate

Pr*ck

Looks like I pressured him to much into Park bend  :D

:D  :D  Hasty exit to pits to change kecks!  :D  :D

that wasnt a pass fair and square glen i was slowing down for the scooby and had got two wheels off the grass every time in same spot i was pulling away you had more time to see what was going on.ill give you the corners you were faster the back end of mine you can see twitching  as i said didnt feel right in corners.shows ive got more than 220bhp at the back wheels though.must get car set up for my driving style

Slippy - it was also the guy who spun his Elise coming out of Gooseneck on the 15min warm up session  :oops:  :oops:

Higgstis - don't get all defensive - that was the only footage I had with another westy in it - took my oportunity to pass whilst I had it (seen as you wouldn't move over on the starights  :D  :D )

Looking at the better quality footage on the TV - your car does need setting up as it seems twitchy through the bends whilst mine at the same speeds was quite planted, you know yourself your tryes were showing bad camber set up - A proper 4 wheel set up / corner weight session should see a good change  - you'll have no excuses then though  :p

your passing opprtunities glen were both when id slowed down for traffic the camera doesnt lie   :p  .  im not calling your driving and not saying im good either you and a lot of others were quicker in the twisties the car needs setting up for my style of driving needs softening .but as far as the straights are concerned mine seems to pull away according to your footage.i want it more like the blade/busa cars which im sure i can achieve.im glad you put that up though at least i know ive got more power than the rr said  :t-up: .once ive got it set up im going on slicks im not going through another set of 48s again on a single track day and 300 mile.ive allready started adjusting the suspension there were 17 clicks on front and 8 back on nitrons

I have softend my Nitrons down by 2 clicks all round since the back end spun at 3 Slappers - now set at 7 clicks front and 9 clicks at the back - will probably have a play with the settings on the next trackday but does feel a little less twitchy with the reduced settings.

17 clicks front does seem VERY stiff  ???  :suspect: and could explain a lot.

Looking at the Piccies of your on Andrews link above - your ARB's do seem to allow some body roll - a little more than mine seems to show on my piccies, so would suggest reducing the front shocks but leave the ARB's for now.