98 S FORD KA

slippy

Sorry Slippy.

I had to go and help Tommo with some body work on the flymo and he made me go to the pub when we had finished.

The differrence will be down to cost !

In Endurance rallying the set up is as follows.

You are not allowed intercoms

You are not allowed fire suits

You are not allowed service crews

You are not allowed management cars

You are limited to a single tyre manufacturer that should last you a couple of rallys.

The way the event is set is designed to keep the average speed to 30mph

There are aspects ot off road selectives ( stages ) but there is also night navigational sections as well.

The spec of an endurance car means that the costs are less than prepping a stage car.

Normal single venue stage

You need intercoms

You have to have helmets and fireproofs

You need the service crew

You will use more expensive tyres

etc

etc

I am prepping the new car to stage spec.  This year, if the budget adds up I am looking to do the Lombard and the next weeked the RAC If the dates don't change.  You couln't do that the other way round as the car would be illegal.

You can also use the car, as I did last year, for track days, sprints, hill climbs autotests and still keep it as an every day road car.

The driving is as much fun for me as anything else I have ever driven.

PM me you address and I will send you a DVD up to have a look, as soon as I get the rest of my in car footage sorted I can let you have that as well if you want.

Cheers Rob you have PM

So correct me if I'm wrong Endurance is the middle ground between Road Rallying and Stage rallying ?

Yes mate !

It is put on as a club road rally so the MSA state they have to have navigational sections on them.

ANd then you get the normal stage sections as selectives.  These are limited for speed through the stage by means of code boards and cones.

I'll get the DVD out to you today.

Rob

Whites and yellows are a road rally term to show the type of road you will be looking for.

They reffer to the OS maps and how they are drawn on there.

Slippy.

Entries have now come out for this years Lombard.

Do you want a copy sending up ?

Seriously if you do want to do it get one sent in and a deposit paid now

Good man.

Pat has got a cracking championship with that one.

And you still get the same Westy/Caterham battle but the 205 boys seem to have it with Fiesta's.

I'm glad it gets the Navin seal of approval

LOL  :D  :D  :D  :D  :laugh:

A 205 is the next best thing to a Micra

Are you going o build it yourselves or are you on the look out for one thats ready to go ?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.