"Best" 1B tyre?

Asterix

Andy, agreed. The only issue I'll have (with what you say) is the settings when changing to wets...a whole new ball game/ layer of complexity.

I'll be running the wets on the road & I don't thinking I was running any camber at all on the Yoko's.

I was going to run 888s (and prob still will ) in anycase what is the best recomended wet tyres? the ones I have at the mo for trackdays im sure  will not be allowed  :(

good job Ive stocked up on 13" rims this year  :blush:

For wets - You could always buy my CR28's of me ???

On reflection, I think most of the sprint "seat" time in 07 will be learning how to drive (& very little setting changes).

Good idea  ;) stick with your Yokes or Toyos whatever you have and learn, watch and listen to others except for the paddock wind-ups .............  ;)  ;)  ;)

On reflection, I think most of the sprint "seat" time in 07 will be learning how to drive (& very little setting changes).

Good idea  ;) stick with your Yokes or Toyos whatever you have and learn, watch and listen to others except for the paddock wind-ups .............  ;)  ;)  ;)

Aaah...but I all I have at the mo' is list 1a and I'll be in E, so am shoppin' :D

Andy, agreed. The only issue I'll have (with what you say) is the settings when changing to wets...a whole new ball game/ layer of complexity.

I'll be running the wets on the road & I don't thinking I was running any camber at all on the Yoko's.

You don't bother changing your camber for the wet, just soften anti roll bars a bit. They may be radials, but you will be going that much slower that it doesn't matter. Optimise for the dry tyres  :D  :D  :D

Interesting that you were not running camber on Yoko's, that's how you run the crossply ACB10's   :suspect:

Aaah...but I all I have at the mo' is list 1a and I'll be in E, so am shoppin'

Perhaps be careful with your budget and don't go all out for first season  ;)  ;) and develop your knowledge grab something that is an all rounder for both track and road use, wet and dry  ;)  :D

Aaah...but I all I have at the mo' is list 1a and I'll be in E, so am shoppin' :D

Don't worry too much about ultimate grip in your first season. I found last year, which was my first season, that rembering which way the track went next was a major challenge.  :p  Unless you have visited the SS venues in advance you will be driving the tracks blind, with probably two practice runs. I think during the course of each event you will see your times come down as you learn the track, or at least I did.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

a proper comparison can only really be made by those who have used both types of tyres

You could try talking to Mark and Andy Squire. They used ACB10s on their Busa in SS Class F in 2005, and 888s in 2006.

Interestingly, they have each slightly different views on the 888s  --  but some comparison of their times should be possible.

I ran Yoko Ao32R ss in 2005 and softest compound ACB10's in 2006, all on 13x7 rims. Car much more predictable to drive and my hill times dropped 2 + seconds on all hills (approx 5%).  :p

We had a large debate here in Ireland as the road going saloon classes wanted to go back to class 1A tyres for cost/wear reasons. We still have 1B tyres for 2007 at least, but debate not over yet  :cool:  :cool: