"Best" 1B tyre?

Asterix

Want a source of empirical evidence that shows the best 1B tyre for *dry* *sprinting*.

"Best" means most likely to help achieve the fastest time, whatever the cost (and l'm already thinking of buffing).

If that elicits a "hen's teeth" type response, then opinion is still valued.

I know there's more options under 1B than listed, but them's the only ones I'm familiar with.

ACB10 - 24 compound.

No buffing required..... (they don't come with much tread in the first place!)

ACB10's will give the best grip if you choose the correct compound but you will have to optimise your suspension to run cross ply tyres.

It will be interesting to see which tyre comes second.

First place is not even in doubt is it, unless people take into account the ARB's etc you need to fully utilise the cross-ply ACB10

is an acb10 that good ? much better than 888 ?

anyone have details on prices and suppliers for 13" to fit a 7" rim?

is an acb10 that good ? much better than 888 ?

anyone have details on prices and suppliers for 13" to fit a 7" rim?

Now you're talking Jeff...if there's enough interest, I'll be looking into bulk buys.

unless people take into account the ARB's etc you need to fully utilise the cross-ply ACB10

ARBs suddenly added to 12/1/7 shopping list. ;)

"Best" means most likely to help achieve the fastest time, whatever the cost

No question that some of the fastest times have been set using ACB10's ................... however what will help you achieve the fastest time is practice and overall ability and dedication of the driver  ;)  ;)  ;)

Perhaps an example for you is Ash ................ who has taken many years hard work, time and great effort in practice and analysis of eveything he's done and what effect it has on his car, as have many others that have won championships, hold class records, taken FTD's etc etc

Whacking on stickiest tyres ever won't make you an instant winner  ;)  :D  :D  ;)  :D

Whacking on stickiest tyres ever won't make you an instant winner  ;)  :D  :D  ;)  :D

b*******  :D

Mark, agree with everything you say. Maybe instead of "...achieve the fastest time." I should've written what I really meant, "...achieve my fastest time."

So points to take into account if you go down the acb route:

You will really need some wets,

you will have to alter your settings as they are crossplys

They cost £££££££'s

If you use it on the road, you can leave them on and scrub ££'s or change wheels / tyres and suspension settings?

So points to take into account if you go down the acb route:

You will really need some wets,

you will have to alter your settings as they are crossplys

They cost £££££££'s

If you use it on the road, you can leave them on and scrub ££'s or change wheels / tyres and suspension settings?

Yep that about covers it :D

Whilst is seems beyond doubt that ACB10 seem to produce the quickest times, a proper comparison can only really be made by those who have used both types of tyres(which I havent), in similar conditions with the same car etc. and compared thier times.

The example of Ash is a good one. Hes still beating a lot/most of the people running 1Bs.