Topic Lock

V 8

Make a posting that breaks the rules, and it gets deleted. No if's, no buts.

So, it appears that the club secretary agrees that ALL posts on behalf of or by non members should be deleted , I look forward that being applied without exception in future.

ALL posts in the For Sale sections. Adverts on behalf of others are not allowed. This was a new rule in February of this year. Posts which break that rule in the For Sale sections will be deleted, and no discussion will be entered in to by me. Post on behalf of anyone you want to in any other section of the Board. In the For Sale sections, it's not allowed.

Feel free to complain to any other Committee member about my opinion if you wish. I have nothing to fear from a reasoned debate.

If you don't like it, write to us and explain how we could make it better. We would like to hear from any one with good suggestions as to how to move forwards on this issue. So far, we've had exactly zero emails on the subject. I  the face of no complaints (in writing via email or snail mail, NOT on here) to the Comittee, we will proceed as is.

OK, will a have a think about it and put forward my proposals to the committee.

John.

Just to add my two penneth worth -

I completely agree with the club secretary in that the rules are very simple and if you break them then your post should be deleted. there isn't enough hours in the day for them to send 'I'm sorry but your post was deleted because of.......@

Also, although the club is run on a democracy there are times when a commitee has to make a decision... if everything was turned into a debate we would never get anywhere!

Sometimes that decision may be wrong but a wrong decision is still better than no decision. In the end they all give up an inordinate amount of time for other club members to enjoy their hobby and if you don't like the rules then just don't become a member.

For the record, the rule is

Adverts Section: Two new rules. No Ebay Links (see above). No adverts on behalf of other people.

This was agreed amongst the Committee at a meeting in February this year following a member raising the issue of non members benefitting by asking their mates to make a posting. We felt it necessary to tighten the rules to close this loophole, as it dilutes the membership benefits.

The updated rules can be found here, which is where they've been since Februay 6th 2006.

can i also ask why in the megablade ad the price has now been removed .it was there last night and the seller cannot remove it

So, it appears that the club secretary agrees that ALL posts on behalf of or by non members should be deleted , I look forward that being applied without exception in future.

That is and always has (at least, since the Committee meeting early this year) been the case. If the people moderating this forum miss the odd advert on behalf of someone else, then that's only to be expected (I reckon I read something like 90% of all posts on here, but that's not 100%).

If there's an advert (or indeed any post) that is in breech of the rules, then use the 'Report this post' link next to the post concerned. Your objection to the post is then e-mailed to all of the board's moderators, and appropriate action will be taken (perhaps after discussion between the moderators to determine that action).

The moderators cannot read absolutely every post on here. If we miss a post that is in breach of the rules, let us know and it will be dealt with.

Andy

ALL posts in the For Sale sections. Adverts on behalf of others are not allowed. This was a new rule in February of this year. Posts which break that rule in the For Sale sections will be deleted, and no discussion will be entered in to by me. Post on behalf of anyone you want to in any other section of the Board. In the For Sale sections, it's not allowed.

Ahh, I see thought it applied to all sections. That seems to be a loophole big enough to drive a bus through.

How so? Adverts are not allowed anywhere except the 'For Sale' sections. The 'For Sale' sections are the only ones that are restricted to WSCC Members only.

There is no need for a member to post into any other section of the boardroom on somebody else's behalf, because anyone can post there anyway.

Or am I missing something? ???

Andy

I'm disappointed that my megablade add was locked / removed.

I jointly own this car with my brother. The car is located at his house (as I am building the XTR2 in my garage) and as he often works at home and therefore is most liklely to meet sellers I posted his name and number.

THe car is now sold so no harm done but Iwould wish the post be completely deleted as I don't consider that I have broken rules.

David

It would probably have been worth mentioning this in the ad, then the ad is unlikely to have been deleted.

We aren't psychic, we can only go on the contents of the advert.

If you created the topic, then you can delete it. The link is at the bottom of the page.

I'm moving this topic to 'Message Board Chat' as it really doesn't belong in the adverts section.

Andy

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.