Meet the Neighbours

Tony Sighe

Calling all neighbouring area members!!!

You've heard all about what we did last year  :blush:  , you've seen the pictures in Wesfield World etc.

Now it's time to 'Meet the Neighbours' (again!  :t-up:    )

When & Where?

Saturday 15th July (into Sunday 16th) at the Highwayman Pub (Elkstone, near Cirencester - postcode: GL53 9PL)

Cotswold Tour

- Arrive around 10am if you want to take part in the Cotswolds Tour (cost £2 per car)

- Numbers limited by MSA/Police so let me know in advance please.

- Full Tulip style routebook for the 70 mile tour through some fabulous Cotswolds scenery

The Pub

- Will be open all day - great food available for lunch and afternoon snacks

- Pub open until late on Saturday

- Pub open on Sunday morning for breakfast (small charge)

Car Park & afternoon activity

- Very large car park, plenty of room

- Sound meters available to check your silencers (less than 100dbs?)

- Bring along bits & pieces to sell/swap (clear out the garage!)

- Get your suspension checked out by Track Developments - is it safe? (£10 charge)

- Have a look around the other Westfields etc. (for ideas?) and chat to the owners

Evening BBQ

- BBQ after 5pm at £8 per head (provided/cooked by the pub)

- Pub needs to know the numbers so please tell me if you're coming (so we have enough food!)

Free Camping

- Large field next to the car park - just across from the pub (lots of space!)

- Room for Caravans & Campervans, awnings etc

- Our own toilets (portaloos) available (when the pub is closed)

- Arrive back from the tour, park your car, set up your tent & have a beer! (Pretend you're at Le Mans!  :cool:   )

So please let me know if you're coming, or contact me if you need anymore info?

We look forward to meeting you !!

Cheers

Tony

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Crash Override

• scott beeland

• Tony Sighe

Tony is this the same weekend as the Fairford airshow?

Tony is this the same weekend as the Fairford airshow?

Yep. We're already booked for Fairford, so can't make Meet The Neighbours.

We should be there, I'll talk to you about it on Thursday Tony.

If I have any last minute prep that needs doing on the Throbber before Llandow, I'll make sure I've got the bits and plenty of beer tokens with me :)

Andy

Yep. We're already booked for Fairford, so can't make Meet The Neighbours.

Same here pity as was looking forward to it this year.

Can we have a different weekend next year please Tony  :t-up:

In fairness to Tony, he did have trouble getting a date set for this. The week after is the Llandow Sprint (which a number of the locals compete in) and I'm pretty sure there was something going on in the preceding weeks too.

Andy

Hi guys,

Yes!

Curborough & Le Mans has been using up people's 'passes' over the last few weeks!

But have no fear - The BBQ in the evening doesn't really get going until 6pm so people have the option of joining us on the way home from the airshow? (just around the corner - already there) - Granted they may not have their Westfields with them, but better than missing out altogether? (stick your tent in the boot of your tin top and bring plenty of beer money).

Ha ha - You make the excuses and I'll challenge them   :bangshead:

But really - is this feasible guys?

Tony

Hi Tony

Memory loss from last years episode dictates i shall return again this year :D

Hopefully we can repeat everything that was done last year and maybe that will jog a thing or two :p  :p  :p  :p   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Also trying to muster a few of the Warks lot  ;)

Were round your way this Sunday so i,ll try and get some no,s for you

All the best

Rob :cool:

Road tour all written out ready, different to last years but we do skirt near to the FISH for all those that want to sneak off and have a go (another)  ;)

Tony, tour is just shy of 83 miles in total and already thinking about next years.

See you Sunday Rob, I'll be checking the Fish out before you lot get there. I do love living just down the road to it.

Edited to add: Mark have you got your camera.

Malc.

Hi Rob,

Glad you can make it again this year, but not usre I can promise a complete (   :blush:  :blush:      ) re-run of last year!

Yes please, see if you can get a group together to represent the warks. area.

Malc - thats really great news about the route. 83 miles is plenty (with the fish hill option!). See you Thursday to discuss, (then we need to get it to Gavin asap! )

Anybody else thinking of coming along??? (please let me know).

Cheers

Tony

B.T.T.T

Roll up, roll up for this fantastic event of the year.

You'll come for the food, drink and chat but you'll stay for the views  ;)  Just need willing volunteers like last year  :blush:

For all those that haven't tried the drink that was named last year the WAD (Westfield After Dark) I'm told it's an experience not to be missed, the name has double meaning too because at about a fiver a time you need a WAD to keep them coming.

Those that stayed will be able to tell you all about them, the amount they downed, they were absoulutly plastered.  :D

Get your names in to Tony if your coming for food as we wouldn't want to run out.

Malc.

I'll be there and ready again for the multiple WAD drinking challenge :D  :0

Good to hear it Scott, are we going to have to keep propping you up again on the way back to the tents?  :D

Malc.

More than likely mate :D

I'll see if I can manage to keep my car keys and wallet on me this year though instead of spilling them in random parts of the field :0