6 Speed Gearbox

orbv

If I can get one at the right price is it worth going for a 6 speed box over a 5 speed MT75 matched to a 2.0 Duratec?

Its time to start searching for parts for my winter project. ;)

Don't think you really need a six speed box with a Duratec. Six speed boxes are better suited to the K series as they have much less torque (nasty little things :p )

This is'nt the one that was on Ebay was it with the six speed box included from an ST170 ?

If so the it'll be for a FWD.

Don't think you really need a six speed box with a Duratec. Six speed boxes are better suited to the K series as they have much less torque (nasty little things :p )

Check with Paul Jones (aka Westfieldman), he's got a 6 speed sequential in his Duratec (an Elite box if I'm not mistaken).

Andy

Check with Paul Jones (aka Westfieldman), he's got a 6 speed sequential in his Duratec (an Elite box if I'm not mistaken).

Andy

and...............

Just saying that he runs a 6 speed box with a Duratec...

Andy

Was thinking the same thing on both counts.  Would end up having to change gear all the time when combined with a long 1st.

No I don't

Just saying that he runs a 6 speed box with a Duratec...

No I don't

Andy please do a search there is page after page about my gearbox

Ok, I stand corrected.

My mistake.

Andy

I would look at fitting a Type 9 as opposed to an MT75. Still only five speed, but at least you have a decent choice of gear ratio's at your disposal...

I would look at fitting a Type 9 as opposed to an MT75. Still only five speed, but at least you have a decent choice of gear ratio's at your disposal...

Agreed  --  with one limitation (although it might be difficult to breach with a Duratec)....

Advice from Tran-X is that 250ps and/or 200lb.ft should be regarded as the absolute limit for a Type 9.

HTH

Advice from Tran-X is that 250ps and/or 200lb.ft should be regarded as the absolute limit for a Type 9.

One assumes you mean a standard type 9? Just for the sake of clarity...

One assumes you mean a standard type 9? Just for the sake of clarity...

No Mark  --  Dan most definitely means his straight cut, close-ratio type 9.