4.1mm drill bits

adamnreeves

IIRC 5/32" or 11/64" are the nearest imperial drills to 4.1mm.

Yep those are the ones the shop told me but I think that is 3.9 and 4.3mm ? I was worried that 4.3mm would be too big.

IIRC 5/32" or 11/64" are the nearest imperial drills to 4.1mm.

And a 4.0mm bit is closer to 4.1mm than either of those 2....

Hi

Adam i work in the aircraft industry and i have some 4.1mm and 4.05mm drills e-mail me your address and i will send you some for free

Can you drill a hole in the chassis without a 0.1mm variation to the size of the drill bit? which is of course only 0.05mm either side, (kind of) with out using a pillar driil, If you're using a hand held I'm sure you have at least 0.1mm variation...   ??????  Surely? Wouldn't you?

I bought drill bits from screwfix £4.41 for 10 Irwin 4mm. Seem very good. Only problem is you have to put a decent order together to cover postage (free after £50???).

Screwfix

If you order with screwfix tell them its your first order (if it is.) and you will get free postage!! They wanted to charge me £5 p&p for a couple of jubilee clips!! :(

I used 'number 20' drills from Cromwell in Coventry - these are almost exactly 4.1mm.

Tony

I have some unused 4.1mm drills too if anyone wants them.

Kerry

4.5mm drill bits would be fine.  Have you actully seen a rivet from the other side once fitted?  There is about 1.5mm "squash" on the other side of the hole.  0.4mm differnce in drill bit size and rivet size isn't going to cause a problem.