4.1mm drill bits

adamnreeves

There must be a shortage  as two local places that I normally get these size bits from are out of stock and they relunctant to order any more unless I commit to buying more than I want.

I have done some checks on line and again places seem to only list 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 4.8mm.

I don't know if these do mail order, but they have always had what I needed, drills, rivets, bolts and they will sell in small quantities.

CTE Supplies

697 Knutsford Road

Latchford

Warrington

WA4 1JY

Tel: 01925 653132

Fax: 01925 655707

I used 4mm drill bits to do all my riveting.. :)

And I used a few of them. :D:D

Just get some decent ish quality 4mm bits, (I used Black and Decker Pirranahs from B&Q) to get the extra 0.1mm just give it a bit of a wiggle. Worked for me and I riveted on all the ali panels, as well as all the other bits and pieces....  :D:D

Mat.

I used 4mm for all mine but apparently there is an imperial drill size readily available which is equivalent to 4.1mm, can't remember what it is though, sorry.

Ted

:)

Yeah. yeah, we belive you...  :D:D:D

Although Adam, will probably come back now and explain it's not for rivets after all.     :D:0:D:D

You could always buy my electric drill off me. The bearings are so knackered it drills 0.1 oversize on everything...  :oops:

How's £9.99 plus postage sound?

Adam is right, 4.1 diameter is the correct for the rivets. Try Cromwell Tools they have a lot outlets around the country and are very reasonable priced. Also suggest you get a couple of jobbers drill in 4.1 (or 4 mm if they do not have them) These drills are about 170 mm long and will get into places you will never think possible. They also bend a little bit. I keep a stock of 3/32, 1/8, 4 mm and 4.1 of them.

Dave

Wow,

I wasn't expecting so many replies. Yes for 4.0mm rivets. I have actually done all the panelling but in the middle of rivetting for loom and brake lines. I have thought maybe use 4.0mm and wiggle as accuracy here is not so important. I have some dormer tunstun bits for the job.

No sure about the imperial, I did check at the shop but I think it came out bigger than 4.1mm and I was worried it would be too large for the 4.0mm rivets.