The shiniest Caterham in the world!

Phil. S

So you've all (aparet from Graeme) missed the one thing that really makes it stand out. It's been converted to be a fully IRS rear end. Depending on whether you're a heritage/comcours freak or not means that this is no longer an unmodified version and a concours judge would mark it down for not being standard :0 And being as it's no longer a genuine factory chassis makes it worth less, IMHO... :devil:

Whatever you may think about the bodywork and the rear suspension mods, it's been *really* well screwed together. I'd buy it... then I'd paint it...

What's odd is that he doesn't want to drive it after all that work, or if he does, that he can resist that desire! Like the buy it and paint it idea.

I don't think the amount of work effort and quality of parts is in question - just personally after doing all that work - it seems sad to me to just polish it and not use it  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

However. what ever floats yer boat  :D  :D  :D

Love to buy it, just to see the look on the builders face when I drove it away with the revving the engine to it's limit and tyres spinning in the rain :p:p:p

I remember mentioning this car before and another other guy from Blatchat (Norm i think) mentioned it was this guys car and pointed me to a web page showing this and other cars etc.

The seller has a passion for cars, he has a huuuuge house with a huuuge garage it seems and had/has some truly lovely machines including an old F1 car iirc.

I think it is a stunning labour of love :t-up:  :t-up:  

Almost too good to drive though :devil:

Looking again, I think the wheels just about sum it up: all the bad taste money can buy. ???

BTW, bet it's noisy with that exhaust system.... :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.