The Bradford Classic

a4gom

I have received an invite to attend The Bradford Classic, this is a new event which a few members of Bradford Council who are into classic saloon car racing are trying to organise.

This is its first year, the plan is to get together a show of approx 100 cars.

It will be a full day and it is hoped that getting together the diverse group of vehicles will provide plenty of opportunities to chat with other owners and interestd public. The show will be in Centenary Square and surrounding area for those who know Bradford and cars will be alocated slots in themed areas. They hope to have playstation games on the giant screen and old car movies.  At the moment they want to limit the total number of any one make of car to 5 but this will depend on the overall response (which has been good so far).  

The organisers hope to have a good representation of competition cars and have a hidden agenda, the plan is to end up with a city centre race in a few years time. :p

Only cars allocated a place will be able to join the display. Entry is free and they hope to have some prizes available (not all based on concours).

If you are interested please PM me your email address and i'll forward an entry form.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reaper

• Rory's Dad

• a4gom

• tex

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting....

but all i've got to display i a mouldy car with 3000 miles of USA road grime on it... not very impressive

Sounds interesting....

but all i've got to display i a mouldy car with 3000 miles of USA road grime on it... not very impressive

Well actually I think that would be interesting, escpecially if you had a brief storyboard highlighted with pics of the cars in interesting places. Lots of people dont understand that these funny little cars a capable of just such a trip  :t-up:

Hi Andy, thanks for the email. Unfortunatly it clashes with MIRA. :(  :(  :(

Its not happening until july surely you will have chance to wash it by then. I agree with Paul, I think your car and a stry board would be a great idea.

How about a sponsored 'wash a bit of american S*** of my car' on the day?

:t-up:

Its not happening until july surely you will have chance to wash it by then.

It'd need to be a long hose...the car is currently about 250 miles away from Si :)

Andy

yes, that 250 miles is turning into a bigger issue than a bit of spit and polish.

That said if it is cleaned up and running by then you're right it might make a good story

That said if it is cleaned up and running by then you're right it might make a good story

Not coming to Llandow with me then? :down:

Andy

Good to see this interest from WSCC for this event.  I work for Bradford Council (don’t mock, we came 19th in the Sunday Times’ list of the best big companies to work for!! ) and I’m part of the team organising this.

Just to make this clear, the Bradford Classic is an official Bradford Council event.  What we intend to do is to have a broad-based one-day event which we can then grow into a two-day event with a national profile over the next few years.  Our purpose is to bring people into the city, to showcase the work and skills of the widest range of local enthusiasts and to provide commercial opportunities for all kinds of automotive businesses active in the Bradford District.

As just one part of this, a large pedestrianised area in the city centre (handily placed for restaurants and bars) will have a ‘beach party’ themed display to include organisations like the Bradford and District V-Dub Club, sports cars and other ‘summer fun’ type vehicles.

Overlooking this area a big screen is being installed (permanently - in conjunction with the BBC) and we fancy putting on a video game knock-out driving competition (sponsored by a video games store).  American muscle cars at Leguna Seca anyone??   We would also try and show some movie clips etc between rounds, either from the BBC or the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television.  And how about some music from the Beach Boys, Dion (DiMucci) and the Belmonts, etc?? (Sorry, got carried away again! )

A WSCC display as part of this would be great and Paul’s suggestion for a story board and a mouldy car with 3000 miles of USA road grime on it would fit in very well IMO.  I’ll try and get the factory to provide some support - even if it’s only donating some “A Racing Car is Born” DVDs for sale by way of sponsorship.

Obviously this can be discussed at the next Yorkshire Area meeting on 4 April and any other thoughts, offers and contributions are more than welcome on this thread too!

We (and by ‘we’ I mean Bradford Council) are very happy to tailor this event to suit individuals’, clubs’ and sponsors’ needs.

Rory's Dad

thanks for the entry form andy, will be filled in & returned this week-end when i can find a photo to go with it :)  :)

Not coming to Llandow with me then? :down:

Andy

:arse:

Looks like I'll be in deepest Wales with team gentlyhosting racing.

God knows where the moldy car will be by then. Perhaps Buzz could sub for us although his car will be all bling and chromer by July i'm sure. Still the story stands firm.

maybe but I think the mold (mould?) would really put people off

19122005_G.jpg

I'd let the mould grow for a while yet - it could turn out to be the cure for bird flu :D  :D

John.