Brake Kit

Mutley

Standard brake calipers, disks and pads for sale from 55 reg new Megabusa. Car only covered 75 miles but decided to upgrade to 4 pot kit with spare cash.

Part all look brand new.

£175.00  Prefer buyer collects in Newark area.

Phone Paul on 01522 778348 or mobile 07785 118929.

I think you may find they're a tad expensive for std stuff :blush:

Also your name is Colin in your profile, so why do potential purchasers have to ring Paul  ???  Non member perhaps  ???

Paul,

Nice to see you have the time to wander through the detail. The "Paul" to call is in fact my brother and a member who didn't have the time to get on line and as brothers, and members do we help each other out.

The parts are directly from a brand new build which has only done test miles. He picked the car up from the builder two weeks ago and decided to go for a four pot kit. The brakes for sale are virtually brand new and are now suplus to requirements and can go to the best offer, hopefuly saving someone a few bob on the c£300 Westfield charge for the bits.

Look for the good in people!

Cheers,

Colin.

Look for the good in people!

Cheers,

Colin.

I do  :D  its just that I really did think they were expensive, thats why I looked further, I advertised a pair of std calipers in good working order with part worn pads for £20 and didnt get a single reply, I thought I had priced them reasonably  :t-up:

Hi,

Standard discs and pads from my local (450yds away) factors are £20 & £15. Callipers are £100 exchange for the pair - same ones as WF sell. So brand new cost is £135 + £25 for exchange surcharge = £160.

IMO you can get a set of callipers from the breakers for £20, a rebuild seal set for £20 and a calliper paint set from Halfords for £20 (the paint will actually do several sets) and do a good job. So DIY cost would be 20+20+20+20+15 = £95

Prices may vary with factors, breakers & geographical location. And Ebay will see you pay £50 for breakers yard callipers & more for new kit.

Depends how much hassle you want - DIY vs Fit & forget.

Ta

Geoff

:)

Ta Geoff  :t-up:

Btw Colin I dont know Geoff and I've never met him, but I just sold him a pair of std M16 calipers with a set of brand new boxed greenstuff pads for £40, if you say the pads cost £30ish it means he got a serviceable pair of calipers for under a tenner, admitted the Halfords brake caliper paint is flaking off  ;)  but maybe thats down to my preparation  :blush:

I picked up a pair of four pot Westfield/Outlaw calipers with std pads and greenstuff pads plus hubs and discs for £150

Just trying to put things into perpective  :)

I hope you sell your stuff for the price you are asking ....but somehow I dont think you will.

Cheers

Paul

Guys, Was there really any need to air your opinions on Colins thread and ruin any potential sale for him?  ???

How would you feel if it was your ad?

I agree with John.  If you don't want to pay the money that Colin/Paul are asking, then don't buy them.  No need to pass comment on what you think is a reasonable price.  If you wanted to give him 'hints' why not just PM him?

Ok guys perhaps your right, Sorry Paul/Colin, I just thought I was trying to help by suggesting if they were a little cheaper you might have more chance of selling them on here, elsewhere you might get more.

I only looked cos I advertised something similar and wanted to see how your price compared with mine, and I got no response on here but sold them elsewhere  :t-up:

Wheres my popcorn........:d

Paul H heres a spade..............

Feckoff  :p

btw those calipers were a bargain  ;)

I like what i say and i`ll say what i bl**** well like (Monty python)  :D

I like what i say and i`ll say what i bl**** well like (Monty python)  :D

You feckoff an'all  :p  ;)

... And yet a year or two ago when a nose grill went for seventy odd quid on fleabay, I seem to remember we were all up in arms for the poor buyer.

Whilst deliberately spiking someone elses sale is hardly fair, it does seem to be the case that the Westfield (and presumably others) price for these particular items bought brand new, seems to be a long way beyond what they're actually worth.

At least this way no one can come back and say "why didn't you tell me I could get them for "x" before I bought these"

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.