Cheap Trailer Required...

The Great Fandango

Dear All,

Have been looking into the possibility of buying a trailer for this year's forthcoming trackdays (my luck can only last so long before I inevitably have to end up thumbing a lift back to Leeds)

???

Only trouble with this trailer lark is that (1) they seem to be a touch on the expensive side and (2) I don't have the room to keep a "proper" full sized jobby - my garage is only small.

On this note I have looked into these so called "Dollys" too - I rather like the idea of such a small unit instead of the full 'works'.

Anyone know of a small trailer or "dolly" going for less than £500-600 please get in touch ASAP.

Best regards

Kyle Harrison

Dolly's have been discussed before. To the letter of the law they're only to be used to recover a vehicle to a safe position (I believe).

If you want a trailer to fit in your garage, the main choices are the Brian James Minno, and PRG do one too (not sure of the model name). These will probably have a 5'6" wide bed, which is a little tight for a car with wide-track.

Have you checked e-Bay? If you're prepared to get something tatty (or perhaps single axle if you're brave) you might find something in your price range.

Andy

Cheers for the advice Andy,

Unfortunately, eBay's out of the question whilst at work (and seeing that I spend 95% of my waking life at the office)...

:(

Had noticed that in the past WSCC members with their ear to the ground have come up with some top cars, trailers etc. in private ads.

Let's see what happens.

Cheers

prg is called mini sport for caterham/westfield my car has been on one and it has cat widetrack on though it was a tad on the tight side

prg is called mini sport for caterham/westfield my car has been on one and it has cat widetrack on though it was a tad on the tight side

Yep. Mine does fit, but as you say, it was very tight (probably less than 10mm space on each side! )

Andy

You will be lucky to get a Mini/mino for that sort of money due to their very nature of being small. People want them and will pay silly prices.

Buzz

I think you will struggle to get a cheap trailer; if it is cheap it is either crap or nicked!

I hunted for ages for a decent trailer and bought a PRG mini sport for £1000 off race cars direct. It was an excellent trailer but found it slightly to small for the Westie (5'5" x 11';) and it was therfore a pain to load.

Sold it for £1,100 and have just bought a Woodford widebody at 5'10" x 12'. Not tried it yet but it does look very good.

I wouldn't trust my car on the vast majority of crap on ebay!

PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Here

If your prepared to do a little work ???

His status is 'awaiting authorisation', probably because he's in the process of changing his e-mail address.

Andy

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.