Sporting Bears Charity Classic 2006

Chris Elworthy

Definitely one for the Diary.

The 2005 Event at Kimbolton Castle raised over £ 16,000 for various charities and this year the Sporting Bears Motor Club and The Rotary Club are targetting an even greater total.

We attended this event last year and thoroughly enjoyed it in amongst owners clubs ranging from TVR to Morgan and Jaguar to Ford RS with a combined total of cars on show of over 500! There are also the usual country show type stalls and arena events.

Kimbolton Castle is superb setting and very easy to reach from the A1, A14, M1 and A45.

The 2006 event will take place on Sunday July 16th, however due to the number of cars expected clubs have to pre-book car passes for the day.

Last year we only found out about the event late on, this year we have more time to get organised so please let me know if you are interested in coming along and I will pre-book an appropriate number of passes nearer the time.

Now as it is a charity event and we get in free so that the organisers have cars to show in the first place, I am suggesting, and only suggesting that each Westfield owner attending with their car donates £5 to the Sporting Bears collection, I do not think that this is too much to ask for a great day out and represents an act of kindness which should guarantee good weather on the day.

It really was a great event last year so don't miss out this year.

Sporting Bears Charity Classic 2005 WSCC pictures

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Elworthy

• scruffythefirst

• Gavin

• samcooke

Hi Chris, count me in mate. Actually make that 2 places as I am sure the ol' man will want to go to this one.As for the £5 donation I think that is a cracking idea.

I have been to this event a few times before pre WF ownership and must say it is a cracking show with lots of variety and some excellent blatting roads on route !! :D  :D

Add me to the list too please, Chris. Is it one pass per car or per person? Maybe bringing a passenger.

£5 per person donation is a great idea.

John.

Good chance I can come too, Chris. Maybe too late to help with the party tent though this time :(

Kerry

edit: £5 good idea

Add me to the list too please, Chris. Is it one pass per car or per person? Maybe bringing a passenger.

£5 per person donation is a great idea.

John.

I will check about pass being for car or car & passenger. From memory I think it is car & passengers.

Thanks for the positive responses everyone, I have sent a link to this thread to the organisers so they can see our positive responses.

Good chance I can come too, Chris. Maybe too late to help with the party tent though this time :(

Kerry

edit: £5 good idea

Thanks for reminding me, nearer the time we will need to think of a way of getting the Gazebo over.

Hi Chris, give me a shout when you need a hand and I will gladly take the gazebo over and help set it up.Ussually finish work by 3 at the latest during the week now and will be free anytime at the weekends.This goes for any events we go to.

Gav.

sounds like another good day out to me. i hope its as good as last year. donations are a great idea, you may well get a tenner out of me this year as the old man may well come along too :p

i wonder how many 'rogue' westies not on our pitch we will spot this time??

Did this clash with another event last year?

It's very close to me so, yeah, I'll go. :D

Neil

Thats good, so far 18 cars which is already way more than last year  

Chris & Matthew

Gavin

John

Dave M

John (Jak)

Kerry S

Chris (Boris)

Neil (CBW)

Liam