c to c.

pistonbroke2

I give up........ is this the club spirit.......

I understand that it takes alot of time and effort and i support that. Its not however going to be a case of the same 50 faces turn up for the second event i only wanted to register my interest to support a second run if one were to go ahead in the interest of all those peaple who have not made the first list, by way of making up the numbers if needed.

I may have read the thread wrong but are you asking for additional registrations to support a second run that may not go ahead.

I am disapointed that adhawkins has decided to play god and has not only removed my second registration but also my first!

Is this really the way the WSCC want to treat its members who's only intention is to support its events?

:zzz:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• studbuckle

• scott beeland

• Buzz Billsberry

Mike.

Given the circumstances of your first registration I would appreciate it if you wouldn't cast aspurtions like this.

Andy did in no way play god. No changes are made to the database without my express permission.

You are indeed wrong to think that adding an additional registration helps to prove the case for a second event.

I await your apology. You initial registration still stands and is again visible in the list.

That particular action was meant as a joke, sadly one you missed completley

Si

Si, adhawkins,  jokes are followed by  :D  or :p  or even a :)

I am not too sure what i am appologising for  ???

am i being

:durr:

but ive shown my support for an event - you've explained that you dont what 2 registrations, which is fine (but i did'nt know this before hand)- and i'm now a bit confussed!

End of......... surely

You've got my number si, call me if theres a problem.

:t-up:

happy christmas  :xmas:

You initial registration still stands and is again visible in the list.

Well my name isn't on the list!  :(  :(

I thought I've been behaving myself lately, so I was hoping to be allowed out into the big wide world!

Obviously not  :down:  :down:  :down:

I hope everyone lese has fun on the C2C though.

:down:  :down:  :down:

Luned

I am disapointed that adhawkins has decided to play god

I always knew I was married to a special guy  :love:  :love:  :love:

Wouldn't God be able to fix his own Westy though, and upgrade it himself, and make sure nothing ever broke on it  ???  ???

Luned

I always knew I was married to a special guy  :love:  :love:  :love:

Uh oh...she's been at the sherry again...

Andy

i only wanted to register my interest to support a second run

Which you have shown in your enthusiasm with your boardroom postings  ;)  ;)  :D which is surely the proper thing to do rather than create a small glitch with the organisers admin system  ;)  ;)  :D

and relax - its gonna be a top event and its early days yet and list 2 will without doubt attract more folks once the mag ads land on folks doormats as a reminder and also to the many members who do not frequent the boardroom  ;)  :D who could easily comment that they do not have web facilities and perhaps lose the immediate registration access available  ;)  :D  ;)  :D by others  :(  ;)  :D

Is there a problem with wanting to do both [if there are two] C2C's this year it may even run East to West that means reading the pace notes backwards though

If this helps to suport he second event I may be interested as the gearbox did the full C2C without braking compared to 4 laps of Cadwell so much better value

If yer can't get on the coast t'coast,theres always the run t'Kinell and back  :p

im there where do i sign?

ive always wanted to go to kinell, but i think a blat here would be as good

perhaps we should do a kinell to hell ???

also to the many members who do not frequent the boardroom  ;)  :D who could easily comment that they do not have web facilities and perhaps lose the immediate registration access available  by others  

Dont you start! :)

Everybody had access to immediate registration either by web or by phone.

By contrast. This years 1hour, 20 minutes to take up the first 50 places compares to 6 days for last year.

At the end of two weeks we had over 100 entrants last year and I would expect a similar level of enthusiasm for us to commit to running a second event,

Paul> Nothing WRONG with wanting to do the event twice but as we have said, if the same 50 people sign up then we are giving up twice the amount of our time to run the event for the same folk. I have said and I continue to say that a second event will be open to 1st timers as a priority and as Mike said, if we NEED to fill gaps to make up numbers then we could invite previous entrants but that would be as a last resort.

As for Pauls comment about running East to West, We considered this for this year but the route we took last year is very much designed for West to East and we have discarded the idea of using that route in reverse as it's just not workable.

This years route has changed in some key areas already, but more of that later :)

I have said and I continue to say that a second event will be open to 1st timers as a priority and as Mike said, if we NEED to fill gaps to make up numbers then we could invite previous entrants but that would be as a last resort.

Obviously the best way of doing things for a second C2C 06.

Yes I'm on the June tour....and looking forward to it already....But I wouldn't stick my name on the list for tour 2; in order that those who haven't done a c2c yet get the chance to do so. It's a great event but can only be made greater by variety of people/cars being a part of it

Dont you start!  :D

Moi  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

Keep those shoulders broad Mr H  :D  :D  ;)  ;) and when counting to 10 ............ go for 15 instead  ;)  :D  :D  ;)  :D