• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• ChrisF

• Martin Keene

• Liam

Dam missed it again !

It's 10.30am Sunday morning and I notice your off to Sunny Hunny.

No news on the replacement front as yet.  To be honest I am struggling to keep the tin tops on the road at the moment and the Westy fund is reducing rapidly !

Have a good time and maybe I will make it to the next one.

Andrew

Well done Chaz, nice meeting the neighbours and a great day out!! and just to prove we did eat fish and chips!!

5542.jpeg  :t-up:  :t-up: Lets do it again soon...Mince Pie run anyone?

Ah ha....I see Liam got the Vulcan racer going then  :t-up:   How did it go  ???

Sorry to have missed this one but I'd be well up for a mince pie run  :D

Some oil and a lot of 97 octane was burnt as an offering to the Gods of noise and fast food.

Bit of rain didnt spoil the fun for those who had brought a hood....or an umbrella eh Dave?

I left the chaps at the Muckleburgh Tank Collection pondering how they could fit a 27 litre Rolls Royce Meteor engine into a Megabusa chassis..... :D  :D

They are probably still driving home as I write this at 2200hrs!! ;)

The Hunstanton to Weybourne section was a bit slow, due to rain and loads of numpties out for a sunday drive in their fiestas and micras with the odd Sloane in their Range Rover thrown in for good measure...why do they have to brake for EVERY corner!!....the convoy was down to 20 mph in places......the coast road is normally excellent blat territory when the Part Time Motorist Association are not out on their annual run :devil:  :devil:

And you won't believe how far out I had to lean to get a nice artistic shot of Chaz's spangley-dangley carbon cycle wings.

Oh, I've added this pic and more to the area's website.

FishAndChipRun05_%20002.jpg

Yes I would, I thought you were gonna fall out on the way to Lynn!! :devil:

They are sexy bits of resin and mat arent they? :t-up:

were they rolled on the thighs of a thai maiden?

Nice pics they are too!

The run home was painfully slow the A10 was down to 40mph for most of the way.

I got some good overtakes in though.

I got home just after 6pm, I was a good day (as usual) with minimal rain too (only a couple of showers)

Super Pinto looked strong, I could just about hang onto the back of it (two up and windscreen vs 1 up and aero) I definatly think Liam has more to extract from the 8V monster yet.

What time did you Northampton chaps get home?

Hope you get the missfire sorted Stu, when it cleared it's throat it certainly cleared off up the road a bit sharpish!!

Nice photo Neil, I have another set of carbon wings for sale, go on you know you want to.....

Chaz.

Laim was navigating again then

Ahhh well...at least it looks like the new engine made it that far :D

Mark how's the rebuild progressing  ???

Well it works! Thanks to Chaz of course.....again.

Never assume anything - the dizzy was 180 degrees out!

Final assembly all went reasonably well.................................except when the exhaust wrap caught fire!!!! (I thought it was supposed to be heat resistant). So my pristine gleaming engine bay was swiflty covered in dry powder..................and then oil. An oil leak from the rocker gasket (don't all Pintos) on the Sunday run produced volumes of smoke when it soaked into the already second hand looking exhaust wrap and added a nice layer of oil to the powder. I think my old nail was cleaner. Reaches for steam cleaner again.

Needs some work on the timing I think. Bit sluggish then comes in with a bang at about 4500 but got caught in a slow train at Wisbech and a misfire made slow driving (remember that?) difficult and petol smelly so stopped to allow traffic to clear......... and fell asleep. ROC and co came past after about 10 mins (I wondered what had had happened to them) and hooted which woke me up otherwise I might have still been there this morning, minus wheels (I was near Wisbech - Chris). Thankyou ROC.

Sorry to hear about Neil's woes though.....after all that effort.

Chaz' from mudguards ???  how boring. I thought you were taking photos up wenches skirts as you went passed :devil:

Good run Chaz. Would like to spend more time at Muckleborough.

Hi Chaz,

Thanks for a great day, we finally arrived home at 7 o'clock after lots of sitting in traffic, we were just hoping it wasn't gonna rain !!

Hope to see you guys again soon.  :)  :)

(Next time with my TBs bolted on )

:D  :D  :D  :D

Gav.