• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Harrogate Show

Cam

Now that August is upon us its time to think about the Harrogate show on the 13th and 14th.

My intention is to go up on the Saturday morning, (not too early though), camp Sat night and then trundle back nursing a headache sometime Sunday.

There is a few of us: Neil, Sedsy, Deano and of course our Westfield loving wives that intend to travel up together. At the moment the central point for meeting seems to be somewhere around Curborough, I think even we can manage to find that!

If anyone wants to join the run up they would be most welcome.

Any other suggestions for a meeting place or a better route than going up the bl@@dy M1??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cam

• studbuckle

• deano.1

• emma.1

I'm not that close, but could certainly make the effort to meet up and offer to carry all bags etc.

I'll be in the tin top, so have a car of space, so could carry evryones bags/tent etc?

Was planning on Saturday sometime going up and a return when mediclly advised it's safe to do so on Sunday.

Any help?

MArk

and of course our Westfield loving wives that intend to travel up together.

Should be a quiet journey up for the lads then!  :D  :D  :D

and of course our Westfield loving wives that intend to travel up together.

Should be a quiet journey up for the lads then!  :D  :D  :D

Cheeky b******* Dean, you know that you are soooooooooooooo lucky to have us Westy loving Birds!!!!!!

Anyway why should you have ALL the fun??? :p   :p  :devil:  :p  :D

Any other suggestions for a meeting place or a better route than going up the bl@@dy M1??

I can indulge you there if you like.

Curborough to Harrogate on fastish roads but avoiding Motorway and dualC-W wherever possible?

Dean reckons there's a transport cafe near curby!

There used to be one a bit further north on A38  :D  :D not sure if its still there  ???  ???  ???  ??? But there's plenty of mobile chuck wagons  :D  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :devil:

There is one on the A38 not that far from Curbs by the name of oakamoor transport cafe only does greasey food though no grapefruit.  :D   :D   :D    :D

Welcome to the boardroom officially Dawn!!! Good to see I've got some back up now!...................Don't fancy grapefruit anyway :D  :p

Emma

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Breakie! :D  :D  :D

It just HAS to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know how we liked our breakies and endless mugs of tea on the C2C :p  :p

Take the old A50 (Now the A511) out the back of Burton. Swadlincote, Asby-d-l-z, Then the A512 towards luffbruff :) but peel off left onto the B5324 to the A6 north of Hatghern, then the A6006 through Rempstone and Wymeswold to pick up the A46 North. Follow that the RBout north of Bingham and take the A6097 up until it joins the A614. The follow that until it joins the A1 then Take the A614 off the A1 at Blyth and keep following that all the way through Finningley and Thorne until you go over the M62.

Then A645 though Snaith to Eggborough, Stop in Kellington to pick us up ;) and then back to the A19 up to Selby. Then the B1223 to Towton, A64 up to Tadcaster and then A659 to Harewood, A61 then A658 to Showground.

OK Guys & Gals

What time shall we meet to go to the show? and I presume breakfast is a must on route.

If we were to meet at Curborough or there abouts we could either go up the M1, which autoroute reckons is about 110 miles and 2 hrs or the route that Studbuckle has suggested which is about 160 miles and 3 hrs, thus so

4783.jpeg

If any one fancies joining us on the way they would be very welcome.

So what we fancies doing then??