wet sprints

oioi

I have run 1B CR28's in the rain for last 2 years (class F) and don't remember being beaten by any 1A guy's last year :D (1st year didn't count cause I definatley couldn't drive then, only just starting to learn now, thought I would get that in before anyone else :D:D:D

Even managed an FTD at Thorsbey on them last year :D:D:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oioi

• Blatman

• DickieB

• Frau Vesty

I wasn't gonna mention the saga of the missing sump plug/ oil on the track  etc etc but seeing a syou brought it up Barney........ :devil:  :devil:

If I may chuck in my penneth worth........in my experience list 1A tyres will only be superior to list 1B in torrential rain or standing water where their better water clearing ability comes into play.

On damp/wet roads however the softer rubber of the list 1B tyres still out performs the list 1A's.

I did a very wet Oulton Park track day on soft hillclimb slicks (I believed the weather forecast when it said it was going to be a dry day! ) and they stuck like b*******y!......as long as I steered around the standing water  :oops:  :oops:

Ken