• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Oh dear

bhouse

After a month or two of deliberating I've now ordered the eleven and have a donor Midget sitting in my drive - looking increasingly bereft!

I received the 'build manual' from the factory and it's a bit... spare, shall we say. I was expecting something quite comprehensive having seen build manuals for a few other cars but this one has a list of tools, a list of torque settings, a few diagrams, a few black and white photos with relevant bits pointed out with black arrows (whose idea was that???) and that's about it.

I suspect I'm going to be needing a lot of help on this one.

And yes, I have posted off my membership form!

Brian

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bhouse

• tonyl42

• scruffythefirst

• oioi

Very exciting. I love the styling of the eleven but also love the car I've got! Keep us posted on how the build goes. To get you started, part A attaches to part B with an M6 x 10mm Allen Bolt.....

cool, i too love the styling and am seriously tempted.  keep us posted.  :t-up:  :t-up:

perhaps they havent updated the build manual since the last time they were producing it?

i wander if its possible to put an eleven body on Sei?

"i wander if its possible to put an eleven body on Sei?"

Or more to the point, what about an Sei engine in an eleven :>

Not sure the 4.5" tyres would like it...

"i wander if its possible to put an eleven body on Sei?"

Or more to the point, what about an Sei engine in an eleven :>

Not sure the 4.5" tyres would like it...

but it would be fun finding out  :D

what bits do you pull out of the midget?

Basically the engine + systems, propshaft, rear axle, rack, kingpins, wheels. Westfield modify the rear axle and you have to shorten the propshaft by 50mm.

Angle grinder and a bit of araldite should sort that out.

Brian

Angle grinder and a bit of araldite should sort that out.

Robin hood build expert ?  :D  :D  :D

We do a bit of work for Russell Savory (www.rst-v8.com) and he's giving me a couple of contacts so should be able to get it sorted.

At present I'm going between "it'll be a piece of cake just like the factory said" and "how on earth will I know what nut/bolt/washer/fastener to use". Is there a general book that would be useful at helping me identify a trunnion from a grunging ratchet and understanding which bolt I need to go where?

I've got an article on what all the different types of nuts and bolts mean - I'll give it to dom tonight to give to you.  I'm just round the corner so give me a bell if you get stuck, and chaz isn't too far away either.

Thanks Hugh! Dom's very impressed with the ball joint splitter that arrived today...

Yeah, they're fun. Make a very loud crack when they pop - scared the living daylights out of me the first time I used one.

Judging by the state of the steering on the midget a glutinous slurp is the best I can expect...

Ashpoles are the place to go if you need any helicoils fitting, by the way. In Bishop's Stortford. £35 to sort out the CX head including removing the broken studs.

I assume that the bodywork restricts the width of the wheels (if you wanted to still be able to steer it).  It would be interesting to stick a bike engine in one, if you could get the power through to the road.  Do you know if anyone has tried it?

John

whats the midget like condition wise - rusty bombshell? or is it pretty solid?

sounds like a good rotary engined project if its solid!

cos the kingpins are often troublesome.

can you put a midget coilover front in the 11?