• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pembroke Pat

• Vinny's Westie

• JEM

• chrisbin

Also checked the for sale board and none for sale, then I go and order and two appear for half price and as new  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Also checked the for sale board and none for sale, then I go and order and two appear for half price and as new  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Good job you can afford it then....... ;)  ;)

don't be cruel....he has only just paid out over the odds for alloy calipers :D

.........and for that piece of German engineering........ ;)  ;)

It may be german but at least it isn't Russian ;)

:D nice try, but nor's mine......you're getting to sound like "chip on his shoulder" Clarkson....... :arse:  :arse:

Who, incidentally, has been having a few "issues" with his GT40......... :D  :D  :D

Nice to see we are all having a little go at each other, I was feeling picked on earlier but now I know its all normal again. :D  :D  :D

Harnesses in post tonight :arse:

With regard to the German engineering, the ML270 is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever had, it is incredibly slow and handles "like a whale" , the SLK is not ready today, how did I know that would be the case.  :p  :angry:

Ten defects on the car is not really on in my opinion, it had better be ready tomorrow otherwise they can keep it.

I have got the SLK back and the latest update is as follows.

Ring Thursday to see if ready and told I will ring you back - no reply.

Ring Friday and told will be ready in about 1 hour (that's at 3pm)

Go down Saturday morning and have to wait for 40 minutes for them to finish it and then find they were waiting for me to drive it away without the keys.

Out of ten faults they have cured some and made some new ones so the new ones/uncured are;

Fault for roof/parcel shelf not being flat has changed from nearside to offside.

Damage to leather on nearside door panel - screwdriver mark where the muppets took the panel off.

Still no coat as promised - by the way did you know an AMG coat is not available only a DTM one, why the  MB website has a part number for an AMG one is beyond me.

Did not put all the clips back in when they did the handbrake lever.

And finally, the £90 option to open the roof without having the engine running - a fault I forgot to add to the list - is still not working, it goes for about 5 seconds and then beeps because the battery is flat.  By the way this was on the car I would never had ordered this before you all take the Michael.

MB customer services ring yesterday to see if all okay so told of the faults noted, then SG Cardiff ring and as I hadn't give the car the total inspection we agreed he would ring me back today and guess what no reply.  He had had a call from the customer services and knew about the damaged leather trim and I was not happy.

Also received a survey form from NOP Automotive on Friday about my new purchase, that went back duly completed with lots of zeroes on it and additional entries.  Probably end up like the MB one though which they never received.  RIGHT!

So tomorrow I shall take the vehicle to Cardiff and we will have a little conversation - new sign up at Dealer on Saturday - "If you cannot tick the following box (Fully Satisfied) the please take it out on us" - it will end up with a result of sorts - time will tell.

You asked how the Merc was and now you know.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

By the way, it is still a pretty car and is stunning to drive just never buy, rent when you want one and then you can give it back when all the faults appear.

Happy motoring  :down:  :down:

PS I am waiting to see if TopGear ever do a report because it will be total crap if they say its good, I've even told them what its like.

• 2 weeks later...
It is soon west wales westie time again.  We are due to be having a V8 powered machine coming along so vinny will have some company and maybe another zetec powered machine ( Jem you know it makes sense  :D )