Limited Editions

Lurksalot

I have seen advertised a factory built 1.8 zetec GT2 westfield as a limited edition of 15 built

Is there any significances in the build of the cars in this or any other edition? ???

Load of carbon fibre bits on it I think!!

Barry

Kev where have you seen it advertised post a link if it is on the web then we can have alook at it!!

Barry

Barry its on autotrader.co.uk

I don't know how to do links sorry???

It is being sold by a dealer for a friend :laugh: I am going to look tommorrow but it seems a little pricey :(

Kev

I would not say it is worth more money these cars tend to have a value based on spec, age and condition the car looks tidy but would like to see under the bonnet for the engine spec is it a bog standard zetec on ford injection , throttle boddies or carbs. Just looking in which kit back in a sec

Not much to compare in the mag with there is a 2002 xe in navy for 9k  a 1999 zetec with swept wings for 12k :bangshead:  and a 2000 zetec with 12,500 miles for 10k so make the one your looking at seam not bad price wise interior looks good nice green colour probably worth a call to the factory tomorrow with the reg or vin number if you can get it see if they have any info for you.

Barry

I don't think it's correctly designated (although I could be wrong). I thought the 'carbon' models had a 'Z' in their designator? ???

ZEi was it?

Andy

ZEi was the type approval for the "Low Volume Type Approval" model with the different bodywork which enclosed the area where the wishbones connected to the chassis as well as other differences although the cosworth power was known as the ZEI220.

I Think

Barry

Ok, I stand corrected.

I seem to remember when I was looking for my first car seeing something called a ZEi, and basically there wasn't a huge difference apart from a few carbon bits...

Maybe.

Andy

Just looking in which kit

Barry

Is This a good mag?

are the for sale ads at top dollar to catch the "kit market"

wheras (thats not spelt right (or is it))   ???   autotrader ads are just out for a sale

kev

wheras (thats not spelt right (or is it))

It's 'whereas' :)

Andy

many thanks andy

I couldn't find the spelll cheker on this masheen

Is the mag one to buy for a newbie?

kev