Attn Scottish Westys

judder

Come on folks, who's going this time ? where are all you East end and Fifers ?

Meeting at 11am dumbuck hotel off the a82 Dumbarton

From Glasgow turn left off the a82 just after the anorld Clark garage and head for Dumbarton hotel on right 300m

----cheers mutley----

:)  :)  :)  :)

Returning from a visit to our Edinburgh office I decided to take a country route via the A701 to Moffat. What a blast! Mostly downhill but a cracking road - did it in tandem with someone in a Beemer who obviously new it - you lucky people having such a belter on your doorstep :D  :D  :D Wish I had been in the Westfield.

David, why not bring your car on Sunday to the SKCC do at Dean Park, Kilmarnock and show it off. Let me know if your interested.

Hi Liam, yeah they are great roads, was down that way on the Border's blat last month and it was great, hopefully having another in August.

Not heard from Paul for a while, so I don't know what he's got planned, but we are trying to get a run organised for the last Sunday of every month over the west coast with the seven's boys.

Hoping to get the car started this w/e after *finally* finishing winter mods. If everything goes ok I could be up for this!

Remind me not to attempt so much next winter  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Fraser

Fraser,   If your cars up and running, I would be up for a 'mini' convoy run down to Killy. Remind us, what mods have you done over the Winter.

Judder, what is on down at Killy and will there be any pies!  Is there not a show on up Dunfermline way this Sunday?

:durr:

Can't see it being ready 'til Sunday, still a few minor things to do, and I'm going to drop in at East Fortune airfield tomorrow to watch some track action there.

As for the mods David:

Driver Controls

---------------

New floor mounted pedal box with remote brake and clutch reservoirs

Twin brake master cylinders with adjustable bias from driver's seat

New hard brake lines

Stripped, cleaned and rebuild front brake calipers

Cleaned up rear calipers

Hydraulic clutch

Clutch footrest

Move upper steering column 1" left to be central to driver

Lengthened steering column 80mm and fitted quick release boss

Engine

------

Stripped and rebuilt engine

- new shells, seals & gaskets, core plugs, cam belt, head and big end bolts

- reground valve seats

- painted engine block

- steel oil pump gear and nylon relief valve

- ARP rod bolts

Lightweight steel flywheel & ARP bolts

7.25" twin plate clutch

SBD 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold

Raceco 7.25" titanium exhaust box

Oil stat and 19 row oil cooler

Modified coolant plumbing

Weber twin cable throttle linkage

New oil catch tank

Gearbox

-------

Remove slop from Westfield remote shift

Quaife quick throw gearlever

Changed oil to Redline MTL

Safety

-----

3" 5 point TRS harness on driver's side (modified driver's seat for crotch harness)

Cosmetic

--------

Stripped underfelt from carpets and velcroed in

Made ali panel for RAC rollbar

Made new locking bootbox

Powder coated RAC rollbar, cam cover, ali panel for RAC rollbar

Relocated ECU to passenger footwell

Relocated washer bottle to passenger side in engine bay

New battery box

Re-routed and tidied up wiring in engine bay

Started off focusing on driver controls as the main element, and planned to fit ARP rod bolts, new clutch/flywheel and exhaust. Engine rebuild was unplanned, and was more precationary than anything - but at least I know how it all goes together now! Things just seemed to escalate. Still, it's done now, just hope it works  :0  :0  :0

Hi,

Planning to be at Knockhill on Saturday and at my first meet and run from Dumbuck on the Sunday. (Work permitting off course!;) Travelling from Paisley.

Cheers

Ivor R

I'll be at KH on the Sat as well. Sun depends on whether I can escape for two days running  :0

Fraser

Not this Sat, next Sat 28th, the day before the run - WSCC sprint at KH, actually it's a round of the Scottish Sprint Championship and the British Sprint Championship I think.

Fancy going up Paul? Could have an informal  Scottish westy meet?

All,

I'm up for a run either starting at Knockhill or ending there to see some of the racing.

Any one else up for it?

Paul

Back to west coast run, Same weekend there is a mini get together in balloch meeting 10 am on the sunday over 150 from over the uk.could gate crash it (son is mini mad) :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: