• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Ordered

pgh

Don't worry, the six weeks goes very quickly :D

It's the three years of building afterwards that goes slowly.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgh

• jak

• Flappa

• mark.anson

Top Posters In This Topic

1800i with a Westfield modified induction system (anyone know anything about this?) and a 3D ECU (suitable for throttle bodies at later date apparently) ~140bhp.

Post Office Red with chrome pack, black interior with red piping on seats.

Is the induction system available seperately, if so how much? I feel a upgrade coming on   :D  :D

As you can see from my avatar, mine is post office red and I have black seats with red piping on the edges with black carpets. Not biased of course, but I think you made an excellent choice. :p

John.

PS anyone got any pictures of the new induction system?

Jak - your car looks good. What stage of the manual have you reached?

I asked how much the induction system was ~£400 apparently. However,   on sitting down to discuss figures yesterday, it was just included in with the cost of the 1800i kit. Not sure if this means it is due to become a standard part or not though.

clicky

Just fitting the body, collected it Saturday. Started the build 15th Jan 2005. How to have it on the road for the end of July ???

Welcome to the club btw.

John.

Ah sorry, hadn't been looking at the other threads.

Not looking forward to the bodywork part and even less so the hood...

So, if you collect it in six weeks you should have it done for Christmas :xmas: .

The build as gone pretty well, it's had its ups and downs, but overall v. enjoyable :t-up:  :t-up:

John.

Yep - ordered at completely the wrong time in terms of being able to drive it in the sunshine!

Glad the build is going well - seems slightly daunting from my current perspective.

Paul

Jak, pgh

Saw the inlet system too, looks much better than the placcy thing Jak and I have. Simon said not a direct replacement, car had 130 cams and revised ecu. Though it looks a lot better, I suspect I'll need to get used to my 125?bhp for several months before considereing any changes.

That sump still bothers me....

Jak - CU tonite

Kerry

My order is for the 1800i module car, which AFAIK comes with the panels fitted. The thought of putting in all those rivets makes me shudder!

I don't think the chassis will come with the ali panels fitted as standard. You may want to check this  ???

When I bought my "Madness" kit last September, the deal was the panels were pre-drilled but I did all the riveting. The true module build cars - at the time 1800Q and 1800sport etc - came with panels fixed. Some wimps have the paneling done for them....(jak! )

Not sure what the red car at Stoneleigh was described as but presumably it has more bhp than the standard Ford plastic plenum chamber inlet, plus it had the 130 cams.

Welcome to the world of Westfields BTW, Paul. Ten minutes from the factory - now that would have been useful...

Kerry S

Kerry S

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the info. As far as I am aware, the panels will be pre-fitted, however, I'll check with Westfield when they call to appraise me of the approximate delivery date.

It was a red car that I saw on Saturday - I imagine it was the same one. Don't suppose anyone got any photos?

Being close to the factory will hopefully be useful - easy to go and take pictures of what the assembly process is supposed to look like!

It was a red car that I saw on Saturday - I imagine it was the same one. Don't suppose anyone got any photos?

Like this maybe?  ;)

Chris3814.jpeg

I don't see why this wouldn't be a direct replacement for the placcy one on the madness kits. Same filter, same TB, connecting to the same ports I would have thought ???

Different ECU must be for cam change.

Any thoughts :suspect:

I assume that the £400 includes the cost of the TB. The plenum looks to be around £25 worth of sheet metal fab.

Chris - fantastic thanks! Although staring at pictures only makes the wait worse :)

Flappa,  TB == Throttle Body?

Will speak to Westfield tomorrow & see if I can find out any more about the setup. Don't have anything in writing about my order yet (other than deposit receipt).