• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Chris Elworthy

• david.c

• Neil H

I was gonna wait, but seeing as you asked...

According to the first post, brekkie was at 10, with a schedule to leave for Hambleden at 11.30. So I turns up at 11.10 only to find 3 Morgans in the car park. No sight (or sounds) of any Westfields at all. Maybe I've mised 'em. b*******.

So I wait 'til 11.30 (the alloted departure time) just in case, but still no sign of anyone. So I head for the meet under the hope/assumption that my erstwhile TV friends have left early. I arrive at Hambleden around 20 minutes later, only to find 1 Westfield from Herts/Beds/Bucks area. So it's just me and Billy No Mates :0 b*******.

I dedide to wait 'til 13.00 by which time if no-one has arrived I'm assuming force majeur has meant plans have been cancelled. I'm just about to settle myself in to the drivers seat for a spirited blat back home to catch the last hour of the GP when about 10 Westfields roll up. Neil looks all innocent when I remind him of the published schedule, and he mutters something about not being able to tell the time, and trying to type with his fists clenched so the times may have been random, wrong, or just different from the times on his planet. Still, alls well that ends well, and we had a good turnout from TV, Herts, Beds and Bucks, and a couple of Northampton stalwarts who were both muttering things that sounded like Rich, our AO, lightweight and muppet, but I was too far away to be sure... :0:0:0:D:D:D

.....Wasn't me Rich ....honest.

bl**** Met office.......I propose new Northants Rule - F*ck the weather forecasts, just go (and with no padding on the Reverie's they wipe clean :p )

Truth is, me and Matthew turned up at Maccie D's ....Billy no mates & Son, turns out communication confusion was order of day (although not as monumental a dangler-up as Mr Hatton's  :D ) so I went home for another day of DIY only to find that Mrs Hitler has gone off somewhere shopping and I have no keys. Back aboard the beast and off to Hambleden and thank God we did, Brilliant Day, fantastic cars of all shapes and values, and nice people.....

....and Blatters, we can now say we've experienced the most expensive Pub BBQ in UK I think. (Aussie Barmaid & friend were nice though :love: )

....and Blatters, we can now say we've experienced the most expensive Pub BBQ in UK I think. (Aussie Barmaid & friend were nice though :love: )

Kinda wish you hadn't said that whilst Blatgirl was looking over me shoulder :0

And yes, BBQ was viciously expensive.

Note to self. Even if there isn't anyone else at the pub, they'll still serve breakfast to just one person...

Kinda wish you hadn't said that whilst Blatgirl was looking over me shoulder :0

What position do you call that :0

So, a lightweight muppet eh Mr Elworthy!!!!! I should punch you on the nose for those comments, but you are much bigger than me :down:  :D  :D

Glad you had a good day mixing with riff-raff such as Blatman :D

Cheers,

Rich.

Well at least he was out mixing, and not staying at home washing his hair... er... :0

So I turns up at 11.10 only to find 3 Morgans in the car park.

Not a Pearly Blue Plus8 by any chance? V** MOG??

That would be my old man's car and he did mention seeing a pale green westy when I spoke to my parental units this afternoon.

At 10:45am was at Richie curves this mornin at Silverstone waiting for the mad arrival of the Northants crew.  Watched a few Elises and Caterhams going round the circuit and at 11:15am decided to head on for Hambleden by myself.  The 3rd time now that I've been stood up by the Northants mob (bunch of lightweights) :devil: , Mr Elworthy excepted.

Was a good day out at 'Sunny' Hambleden with a varied display.  Following an E-type and Lotus Esprit into the showground felt a bit embarassed in the Elise until I saw 2 MX5s parked up together.  Counted at least 5 Ferrari 308s on display.   :D  :D  :D

So I turns up at 11.10 only to find 3 Morgans in the car park.

Not a Pearly Blue Plus8 by any chance? V** MOG??

That would be my old man's car and he did mention seeing a pale green westy when I spoke to my parental units this afternoon.

Maybe. To be honest I don't recall what colour they were except for the one I was following which was blue with a black boot lid.

The only other thing I recall was that the pace was... leisurely... :0

[... and at his normal leisurely pace (except when driving) Neil adds his posting]

Hi all.

Was a good day Sunday :-)

Read all the other postings on the subject - all I've learnt is you just have to go with it - the day may start cold, damp and windy but invariably ends up improving and being worth all the effort.

As for timekeeping and watches; they don't generally help me. My own Mother once said, "Neil, you'll be late to your own funeral", to which I replied "I hope so".

Apologies to all those I didn't get to see "off" from the event - honestly, I only went to the bar for a beer or two and by the time I came back out almost everyone had left!

It's the staff at the Bird In Hand I feel sorry for, seems that through my disorganisation they'd laid on a breakfast buffet for 12 of us at 10 o'clock - none of us turned up - Opps!!!

I'd be happy to offer to make it up to Natasha if she's on yer case... :love::0

He was wearing sunglasses.

Where were you, by the way?