New racing series.

Keith Scarfe

Hi.

Thought I would post something about the new race series I am in to.

I am not doing the Westfield championship this year as I haven't upgraded my car to the latest rules (full cage). I might get round to this later and maybe do some later in the season.

Jonathan Hawkins (also ex BARC Westfield) invited me to drive his car, a Radical prosport, in the EERC Britsports championship with him. (www.eerc.co.uk) It is endurance type racing rather than 10 lap sprints so driver changes and re-fuelling.

Our first race was last weekend at Brands Hatch. We did really well considering what we were up against (Le Mans type prototypes, Radical SR8's). We were 8th overall 4th in class. Hope to do some more rounds soon.

The Radical is fantastic to drive. So much more grip than the Westfield, not fantastically fast, as it only has the 1300 Suzuki engine in standard form (about 170bhp), but a real racing car with downforce and slick tyres.

Cheers.

Keith.

Here is a photo of me driving:

Keith%20Britsport%20Brands%2016-04-05.jpg

Britsports/GoldArts 2005

The provisional calendar for 2005 is as follows :-

1 #25/26 March Silverstone Int 90minC

Including Pits £595.00

2 #15/16 April Brands Hatch Indy 90minC

excluding Pits £595.00 Sky Television

3 #20/21/22nd May Snetterton 90min+45min

excluding Pits £695.00

4 #24/25/26 June Brands Hatch GP 45x3minC

excluding Pits £795.00 Sky Television

5 #15/16 July Snetterton 90minC

excluding Pits £695.00

6 #5/6 August Oulton Park 90minC

excluding Pits £695.00

7 #9/10/ September Silverstone GP 90minC

excluding Pits £795.00 Sky Television

8 #30/1 Sept/Oct Cadwell Park 90minC

excluding Pits £495.00

w/series 4/5  November Donington 90minC

excluding Pits £695.00 Sky Television

w/series 18/19 November Brands GP 90minC

Including Pits £695.00

Good Luck Keith  ;)  ;) is the cost per car ??? that doesn't seem too high considering length of races  :D  ;)  ;)

Cheers Mark. Yes this is per car so is reasonably good. Looks a lot, but with the 2 of us splitting it 50:50 its not too bad. The time you get on track is just right. I couldn't do much more it is so knackering. I was completely gone at the end of the 2nd race and that was after only 50 minutes. It really brings home what they say about the F1 drivers, force on the neck etc. They must pull twice as much g and do that for 2 hrs. What about a proper 24hr endurance race? Must get fit, go to gym.

I was at Brands Hatch at the weekend and the two Britsport races were fantastic, really good racing all the way through.  Not only that but also there is a third class called "Gold Arts", which had Caterhams and a sole Westfield.  Whoever was driving the Westfield in the first stint was really going some -lead of the class and ahead of some of the class 2 Radicals (Hope one of them wasn't Keith ("So much more grip than the Westfield")!!!!;)....  Finished second in the end to a Hyabusa Caterham in both races.

The only downer of the meeting was the 2 hour Production car enduro... very boring which split up the Britsports and Brticar races (also fantastic, 2 hour GT race for Ferrari's, Porsches etc).  I got some really nice pictures from the inside of Druids... will have to look to see if I got any of Keith....

Infact... looking at the picture again... I'd recognise those eyes anywhere... do have a picture of Keith!

Good Luck - keep us informed of seasons results  ;)  :D  :D or better still do a small piece for club magazine - tis always interestin seeing what WSCC members are up to race-wise  :D  :D  ;)

Infact... looking at the picture again... I'd recognise those eyes anywhere... do have a picture of Keith!

Any chance of a copy please.

keith@scarferacing.co.uk

It would be great to see some more Westfields out in the Gold Arts class, I may even consider it myself. That one had a Vaxhaull engine and was very quick down the straights, quicker than our radical. I could only get past in the braking area. The Caterham with the Hiabusa engine was similarly quick.

There was also a 260 Caterham which I was expecting to be awesome but unfortunately it died after a few laps of the first race.

(Hope one of them wasn't Keith ("So much more grip than the Westfield")!!!!

Yes but I ment the Westfield in BARC spec. These things have huge slick tyres.

I'll have a look at all the photos over the weekend and send you all the ones I have.... but I may only have the one.  Won't be 'til monday now though.

Machin

swap shop time, locost + westfield for sale to fund britsport project!

..whoooooaaaaa - hang on boy !

Team meeting required for those sorts of decisions !

An idea though...

But the racing wont be as close, so it should nt be a problem. I better try and not lose one in qualifying like i did last year this weekend at brands!!!..........not my fault, he should of been going faster!

But the racing wont be as close, so it should nt be a problem. I better try and not lose one in qualifying like i did last year this weekend at brands!!!..........not my fault, he should of been going faster!

From the battle scared cars i've seen recently, the racing in britsports is plenty close...

:sheep:

From the battle scared cars i've seen recently, the racing in britsports is plenty close...

Yes indeed. I expected endurance (well 45 minute isn't really a long time but...) racing to be a bit of a procession, but the racing is really quite intense. As with any racing you are always going to be in your own race with those around you even if it is for 10th place.

swap shop time, locost + westfield for sale to fund britsport project!

Just install a 300 hp engine and get out there in this. I am sure you would give the Westfield's and Caterhams a race.  ;)