• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• Jon Murray

• SallyH

• greeny

Great shots Jon :t-up:

I have an observation to make. Rumour had it that this year scrutineers were going to be fussy about roll bar height. Seems to not be the case...

That's what i was thinking............ :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

3439.jpeg

Agree but......

not my car

not driving it again

the sruitineers were that inconsistant that they were arguing amongst themselves too much to ask me to sit in the car to notice and as second driver I was never in the car to drive past them in the collection area.,

It is something that I saw them looking at whilst I was waiting for a drive and I DO AGREE that Pauls roll bar is NOT safe for me.

Lesson learnt honnest :(

the rest of the xcar was great though  :D  :D  :D  :D

So no change there then!!!

Just letting you in gently so you'll feel at home!! ;)

Agree but......

not my car

not driving it again

the sruitineers were that inconsistant that they were arguing amongst themselves too much to ask me to sit in the car to notice and as second driver I was never in the car to drive past them in the collection area.,

It is something that I saw them looking at whilst I was waiting for a drive and I DO AGREE that Pauls roll bar is NOT safe for me.

Lesson learnt honnest :(

the rest of the xcar was great though  :D  :D  :D  :D

Someone's feeling got at :0:p

I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. From the pictures, more Westfields than not would have failed on the rollbar height...

On a similar note, the seat backs look about the same height as mine...

Andy

No mate my feelings are fine thanks :p:p

What my rambelings were trying to get at was that as this is not my motor work on the roll bar is not an option HOWEVER if it was I would have a silly bar ala the Throbber done.

The point is that the scruitineers are still not consistant and as such it is a gamble on what they pick you up on and what you need to do to your car.  Noboby to my knowledge was picked up on rear head rests yet we had to tape up the vents in the bonnets behind the engine ???   Even on the V8 bonnets ??? but only for one scruitineer  ??????

Rob

So no change there then!!!

Just letting you in gently so you'll feel at home!! ;)

It's only because I was going slow enough for them to take the photos!  :D

I honestly thought the car wasn't going to get through scruitineering at one point......different kettle of fish to harewood!

we had to tape up the vents in the bonnets behind the engine

What ??  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

we had to tape up the vents in the bonnets behind the engine

What ??  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

???

You tell me

:oops:

Did anyone ask why ???

or did they say it was to stop the flames spreading in the event of a fire  :durr:  :durr:  :durr: (whilst driving a car with a fibreglass body  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D  :p ) I'm sure tape would resolve it  :durr:  :sheep:  :D  :p