Fuel Lines

VX2L16V

i'm using 2 x 8mm copper pipes down the tunnel

1. where should they start & stop please?

from the front bulkhead to behind the diff?

2. do I need to have the ends flared?

3. are P clips the best fittings?

4. to follow...

Thanks,

Paul.

You must use P clips I used a mixture of ssteal and plastic ones

I soldered a couple of 8mm olives ( from 8mm compression joints) onto the ends to aid the clamping of the pipe which works fine they are available form B&Q etc

My pipes stick out anout 3 inches at both ends from the bulkheads.

you just have to decide on which side

Olive or as I have done and flare the ends would be a good idea. Plane ends could cause the pie to come off. P clips are my preferred method of holding fuel and brake pipes

what about high pressure hoses? I assume the same is ok but I have noticed most people appear to spend lots of money on fancy screw fittings. Why? Is that just bling factor and ease of working or something more important?

Thanks for helpful advise,

Off to Merlin now to get some P clips & something done with the ends...

Hopefully won't cost as muuch as having ends swaged on my flexi brake lines!!

Paul.

I routed my fuel lines down the left side of the tunnel and the wiring loom down the right. No problems as such but in hindsight I would have dont it the other way around as the induction side on the VX is on the right and therefore their are a couple of places where the fuel line and loom conflict.

I managed to sort it but it made life a bit more difficult than it needed to be.

i'm using 2 x 8mm copper pipes down the tunnel

:durr:  but why copper? Good quality high pressure fuel hose is cheap and easier to route/fit and if clobbered will squash and return and not dent (restrict flow)

Braided hose is available too.............

This may be rubbish but i was once told not to use copper pipe for fuel lines???

CuNiFe (Copper/Nickel/Iron Alloy) is perfectly safe for fuel lines. Looks like copper too. Could be that?  ???

Definately a coil of 8mm brake line bought from Merlin to be used as fuel line...

I have *attempted* to solder 8mm olives onto the ends, I think I've done the right thing ???

Looks erm how can I put it

A MESS

but should do the job?

will I still need fuel clips & if so where can I get them from please?