• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

SVA test and differential

deller

I've been waiting for a new Mitchell Cotts 4.1 ZF LSD from Raceline for over 3 months now and I've now heard that  Mitchell Cotts haven't built it, don't have the ZF units in the country and have no idea when they will be available! Apparantly Caterinvans are waiting for 80 units!

At the moment I have a used LSD in the car - would it be OK to MOT and SVA the car using this and then register it at a later date with the new diff and receipt?

Is there any time limit after the SVA test that you have to register the car by?

I'm was intending to register the car at the end of March when the 05 plate is released. Alternatively, does anyone knows where I can buy a new 4:1 LSD and obtain it reasonably quickly as I'm a little pi**ed off with waiting! ?

As always any help much appreciated!

thanks

Paul

Phil at road and race transmissions will build one for you no problem and can give you a receipt to show its a new diff.  

he has my 4.27 c&p as I did a deal on a 3.36 with him...  a frog eyed scorpio 2.0 16 valve is your friend if you want a cheap genuine ford 4.27 ratio.  Only fits in a 7.5" case but if your building a new car your chassis will be able to take the larger diff no problem

cheers

mark

Thanks for the quick responses! I'm going to give Raceline/Mitchell Cotts until Monday to give me a definate date. I know it's not Racelines' fault but everything I've bought from them, although top quality is always months late!

I consulted raceline initially for the diff and was recommended a 4:1 for use with a 2.0 Zetec and MT75 box. I went with the Mitchell Cotts ZF unit as it I'm told it's supposedly superior to the quaife units. Do you think it's worth holding out for?

cheers

Paul

paul, don't bother with mot. ti's a waste of time IMO. Just sva with any old dif, it makes no difference ;)

Oh, the register man will not, trust me  ;)  get under your car and check your diff either. do you have a computer ;)  :D

I consulted raceline initially for the diff and was recommended a 4:1 for use with a 2.0 Zetec and MT75 box

The frog eyed Scorpio 2.0 8v - has a 4.09 diff, so he could also be your friend  ;)

I agree. 1st gear is going to be *very* short indeed, and I would have thought you'd need to be in 3rd to see 62mph. 2 gear changes means a slow(er than it might be) 0-62 time... :devil:

I agree. 1st gear is going to be *very* short indeed, and I would have thought you'd need to be in 3rd to see 62mph. 2 gear changes means a slow(er than it might be) 0-62 time... :devil:

Ignore first, and start in second instead... ;)

just did some calculations myself and it does look as if the gears will be very short. If this is the case I'm not sure why raceline suggested the 4:1.

Will probably cancel the order anyway and stick with a 3.62. It's predominantly for road use anyway.

I`ve got an MT75 with a 3.9 and first is way too short, so much so its actually quicker to start off in second and slip the clutch a bit. I`m looking at dropping a 3.62 in as this should cure the problem.

:t-up: