mg midget

davet

i have owned the car for 4 years and covered about 4000 summer miles only, the car was re-imported back to this country in 1996 when it was also converted back to right hand drive, the car has never been welded and is in very good structural condition, always sails through the mot, i have replaced the gearbox for a fully reconditioned one, plus several other parts including fuel pump and new radiator, the engine showing good oil pressure and no smoke, the previous owner has reconditioned the front /rear suspension and brakes also fitting copper/nickel brake pipes, i have several receipts for parts i have fitted along with previous owner receipts, the car was resprayed by the previous owner, the hood is in excellent condition and the car is also supplied with a tonneau cover to cover the hood when down, the tyres are nearly new with plenty of tread ,if anyone is interested please do contact me by phone or email if you have any more questions my email address is david1961@btinternet.com

937 views and no one has asked to view it, does anyone have any thoughts as to what is putting people off:( apart from the internet scam buyers who offer to buy it at inflated prices

I think it looks like a bargain too and a few years ago I would have bitten your hand off!

One site I found very good when I was into MG's was HERE where you can register and advertise for free and it seems to have a pretty big following worldwide. Worth a try....

Chris

937 views and no one has asked to view it, does anyone have any thoughts as to what is putting people off:( apart from the internet scam buyers who offer to buy it at inflated prices

Know how you feel. Had good interest in my Westfield but all people seem to want is photo's. What happened to looking at the car in the flesh. Photo's can't convey the overall condition of a car, only seeing it and driving it can do that.

Had a Midget many years ago, great fun.

Sorry for hijacking your thread by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think that thi sis the best placed to sell a classic to be honest. Most members will have viewed this post more than once, and wont be in the market for a classic.

The only way i'd buy another classic would be to give it the modern feel with the classic character.. i.e. rotary engined conversion, coil over shocks etc.. but not to one as nice as yours!

you need to be advertising in classic mags, with the MGOC, findit etc.

best of luck though

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.