SECURE TAX DISC HOLDER

brian d

Having just had to pay for a replacement tax disc, following the theft of the original disc from the car, has anyone got a way of fixing the replacement disc so the same thing doesn't happen again?

Or am I the only one who has had this problem?   ??????

I have one of these and been ok so far. On saying that now I bet it gets nicked next time I am out

525653.jpg

I have one of these and been ok so far. On saying that now I bet it gets nicked next time I am out

:D

My daughter had her tax disc stollen from moped when she was at uni so I fitted one of the bolt together type as identified on this thread. I then used a coach bolt with the domed head outside, removed one of the panels and put the nut on the inside to make it as difficukt as possible for the next toe-rag. Done same to my scoot too.

Absolute wotsit each 12 months to pull it all apart ???  ???

Also, they seem to leak water in. Some have an O-ring seal which helps but I usually smear Vaseline over the joint each year too.

Kerry S

You can get "tamperproof" tax disc holders from most car accessory shops. It doesn't stop them getting stolen but prevents the thief from changing any of the details on them - so they can't change reg number, for example.

They are clearly marked "Tamperproof" and so discourage theft.

I've used one for several years without problems.

You do need a new one each time you change the disc but they're only ~£1.50 a time.

Ive got one of the carbon bike jobbies, risk is that the moron steeling it may make more damage when ripping the whole thing off the panel its bolted to so he can dismantle it later...

The easy way of doing it is to just photocopy it on a descent photocopier, then just put the photocopy in the car, works for me haven't had any problems as yet because you can't tell any difference to a real one if you get a good copy.

For the minimul amounts that police stop kit cars, the amount of miles the majority of us do and the wonders of modern photocopiers I think its worth the tiny risk

When I take mine on the road I keep the tax disk in my wallet.

That way if I'm stopped I can produce it.

I don't do many road miles though :D