• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Buying a westfield

rickybez

Pound for pound, it's hard to beat an XE for cheap horsepower. There is of course the weight issue, but a lot of the successful Speed Series guys run Vauxhall engined cars.

Andy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Major Stare

• higgsti

• never fear

• adhawkins

This could go on for ages.....X-Flow, VX, Zetec, V8, Bike Engine etc etc.

:D

Depends on budget and what you'll use it for.

I had £6,000, that got me a mildly tuned 1700 X-Flow, narrow body, full tank of fuel, 12months TAX, MOT & Insurance and got it home/collected. And i still had a few pennies left!

Exactly. There's a Westfield for all tastes (and all pockets). At the end of the day you have to decide what you want from the car, and how much you're prepared to spend.

Andy

The trick to getting low depreciation is to not spend any money on it - beyond keeping it running. Obviously sound advice that none of us ever follow...  :D

Just for the record there are a few discerning owners with Toyota 4AGE engines around...

not spend any money on it

Sorry, don't understand what you mean,  not spend any money on it; sorry, no, doesn't matter how many times I say it, that sentance just comes out as "blah blah blah blah blah blah"  :down:

if you have already owned a fireblade unless you want to try a different engine iwould go for a megablade you can pick them up for around 10k and im sure you you must have mates with bikes who can give you advice with engine etc i have one and bikers love them if your anywhere near manchester i would happily take you for a spin.and they are easy to drive on the road just higher revs setting off.at the local meets mine keeps up with all the others:D

not spend any money on it

Sorry, don't understand what you mean,  not spend any money on it; sorry, no, doesn't matter how many times I say it, that sentance just comes out as "blah blah blah blah blah blah"  :down:

:D  :D

You ain't wrong there mate, my winter rebuild started off with "I'll just check the brake pads..",

By the time it's done i've probably spent around  £850  :down:  :down:

Might have to get a paperound at this rate  :0  :D

My best was when I needed to change the rear drive shaft stub that had broken.

At the time I didn't realise that this included re powdercoating the chassis, engine build, new body work etc.......

Makes it fun though, dosent it ?  :D

Thanks for everyone's replies.

I would like to spend around £9000 - £10000 pounds and I would like it just for Sunday runs. Thats why I just want to turn the key and go.

Many Thanks

thats what i said just something for a bit of fun and rear wheel drive ive done 6000 miles in just over 12 months and drive it more than my road car .and you will find thatwhichever one you buy it will not be a case of turn the key and go you will tinker with it i used to have mine serviced at robinsons of rochdale because they service my subaru but now i change the oil myself ive changed the rad and i wanted a car which i just turned the key but you will find its all part of the fun  :D