Buying a westfield

rickybez

Hi, I am thinking of buying a Westy and would like some advice. I currently own a Fireblade and am selling it because I fancy some 4 wheel fun. I want a Westy that I can just get into and drive. I also want a car that doesn't depreciate too much; I fancy one with a 3.9V8 or a bike engine. I am totally non technical when it comes to cars or bikes for that matter so I need a reliable car. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Major Stare

• higgsti

• never fear

• adhawkins

I want a Westy that I can just get into and drive.

Based on that criteria I certainly couldn't recommend an XTR2

Heaps of fun anyway  :D  :D

Welcome.

First off i'd speak to your local members and visit a local meet, buy them a pint and go for a blast. That should help your decision a bit.

V8's are great for cruising/touring, BEC are not. X-Flows are tried and tested, so are Vauxhall and Zetec units. The options are massive! :bangshead:

im in the same position as you ricky. couldn't decide on bike power, car power or monster v8 power. im crapping myself handing over 10k for a small car. but after speaking to peeps in wscc they'v made life a lot easier. decided to go for 2.0 vx or zetec. good hunting i've missed 3 this week so you have to be quick.

Ricky

You'll get arguments for all the different configurations, so a little more info might get you some more relevant responses ...

what's your budget?

what sort of driving are you likely to do (track, road, touring etc)?

Personally I wanted a road car at the lower end of the price bracket and have no regrets with my 2.0 pinto SEiW.

Cheers

Martin

:)

you mean x flow? why?

No, he means XE, as in Vauxhall 2.0l 16valve "Red Top" engine, also known as an XE. In standard form with *just* a pair of 45's bolted to it, expect 170bhp...

go for the megablade, OK its more of a track car but you can't beat it for acceleration & noise, as you've already got a fireblade you will know what I mean, 4.1secs 0-60 for £10 is not bad value

ive been ripped off i spent 12k building mine :D

As an ex fireblade owner i would recomend a megablade same noise same gearbox :love:  but a tad safer :p

Danny