Proposal for next South Wales meet

Mat Jackson

Trevor,

I certainly have no problem with someone helping me out, plus an extra member for our next local meet will be fantatsic.  The plan is to meet at the Black dangler Inn in North Cardiff in the next month, which is faily central for the Pencoed/Cardiff/Newport contingent.

I`ll be chceking with tham tonight to find out if any evenings are better than others (ie avoid the local pub quiz) and will post on here in the next day or so with a date.  Looking forward to meet you

Mat,

I was at the factory yesterday sorting out some bits for my build.  I have decided to change to injectors as Weber have stopped supplying new carbs.  I sat in on the AOs meeting, and volunteered to be the AO for South Wales, not realising that you were picking up the mantle.

So, not wishing to steal your thunder, do you need any help organising the Newport/Cardiff  meetings?  I am on the Cardiff side of Newport, near J28 (Tredegar House).

Regards,

Trevor Clarke

Excellent!! Competition as to who will be AO !!! Thats a good start!!!

Trevor, I'm in the same area as yourself (actually in Marshfield) so I'm sure we'll be able to share rides/convoy!!

Incidentally, I'm sure you would be happy in my car......... ;)

Thanks, Guys.

I am new(ish) to South Wales, and do not know the area well:-(. I came across the Severn Bridge on relocation in October 2003 and really only know Newport, Caerleon, and bits of a few other places, so a lift or someone to follow in my tin-top would be a good idea for my first meeting.

I had an e-mail from Roland Garratt, because Glen Elliott wants to coordinate the Western end of teh region.  For Data Protection act reasons, one of us has to be AO, to allow the club to release the local extract of the membership list to us.  Obviously first call goes to you, as you kicked the idea off, but if you do not want to do it formally, I am prepared to be AO and sort out teh paperwork side of things if you want to concentrate on the social side.

Regards,

Trevor

Welcome to South Wales then!!!!!!

I am in the process of getting us officially recognised as an area, and I sent an e-mail to the secretary last week but as yet had no reply so that should be the official side sorted (I will chase it today!!!!;)

As a group we all ready kicked around loads of ideas at the last meet, so a helping hand really would be appreciated!!!

By the end of this week, we should all be offical, and we should also have a firm date for the next meet so watch this space.

BTW If you are from originally accross the border (ie on the sunny side like me) will you be enjoying the traditional dragon slaying this weekend!!!!

Welcome to South Wales then!!!!!!

I am in the process of getting us officially recognised as an area, and I sent an e-mail to the secretary last week but as yet had no reply so that should be the official side sorted (I will chase it today!!!!;)

As a group we all ready kicked around loads of ideas at the last meet, so a helping hand really would be appreciated!!!

By the end of this week, we should all be offical, and we should also have a firm date for the next meet so watch this space.

BTW If you are from originally accross the border (ie on the sunny side like me) will you be enjoying the traditional dragon slaying this weekend!!!!

Hmmm.....where to start.....

"Dragon slaying"........we'll see......

"email to Roland" - reply might take a little longer than Snail mail.......I'm led to believe.....might be worth giving him a call Mat.

And welcome Trevor! You've got a lot of the area to see by the looks of things!

I don't know about dragon slaying, Mat, these arcane rituals do nothing for me;).  As to origins, I hail from Surrey, but spent teh past 18 years based in Bedfordshire.

I will be back at teh factory this weekend, returning some bits to reflect the change from carb induction to a Webcon Gold injection setup.  I will post more details on one of the techie threads, as there are a couple of warnings of pitfalls (none of them Westfield related) that others would do well to avoid.