Bonnet attachment

KerryS

I've got locks. Have never forgotten to lock them!

To fit them, take the scuttle off!

(especially so if you've got the bodywork with lugs on the bonnet undersides).

Its easy then.

Security is another good point actually,

When I leave the car anywhere I disconect the coil pack and the conector from the ECU to the fuel pump etc, which are both under the bonnet.

Even if a theif works out what I have done, he has to get under a locked bonnet to put it right again.

Don`t worry about them being difficult.  If you have built the whole car, fitting a set of locks will not be hard.  Plus there must people some people in the local AO who have fitted some and can help?

Mat.

PS If you are anywhere near Cardiff I could lend a hand!!

I can't say I've ever forgotten to lock mine either, don't see how you could really as the bonnet sticks right out at the sides untill it's locked.......... ;)

So, despite the valued advice of Mr Navin and Gadgetman - locks seem to be winning and if you've got this far in a build you are qualified to fit them, seems to be the story.

I await Mark Walker's response to the same enquiry I posted.

No more time to do anything before the weekend, then I can co-opt son-in-law to help.

Kerry S

PS Thanks for offer Mat, unfortunately Cardiff is along way from Derby!

You could have put the locks in before engine installation therefore allowing you to climb inside with a helper to put the bonnet on, you'd be able to see where the locks are to go with a light.

Just a thought.

You could have put the locks in before engine installation therefore allowing you to climb inside with a helper to put the bonnet on, you'd be able to see where the locks are to go with a light.

;)  ;)  ;)

Hindsight is 20/20 vision!

When I build the next car I'll know all these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry S