Caterham

chazpowerslide

:durr:

(quite literally in this case  :D  :D )

and the elan+2 is being paid for how?

my heart bleeds  :p

you could always sell the cateringvan, buy  a xtr2 and clear the debt  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

(well not quite but fun trying)

OiOi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V7 SLR

• chazpowerslide

• david.c

• gee_fin

The Elan would have to be funded from the sale of the Scoob. Sadly the Scoob isn't worth as much as I'd hoped so the Elan may have to wait for another year, until the Scoob's paid for, at which time I would be expected to get yet more loans to buy a new car anyway. Hellooo Elan +2. No more sensible cars for me.

Each year I think about selling V7 and buying something else. This normally coincides with the end of the touring season and my desire for something with a bit more weather protection. I have in the past considered and Elise, a monster STi, a Skyline and a 1968 7 litre Camaro. At the end of the day I am more "known" for my registration than the name me ma gave me so I'm keeping V7 and taking the screen off. I'm gonna try to be hard.

If I hadn't already bought a Se7en, and made all the friends and aquaintances I have, I might have considered an XTR2. I think that's a "probably would have" in fact. But, membership of the Se7ens touring community is all. I know you can turn up in other cars but I doubt an XTR2 would have made Italy and back to be honest. Would love to be proven wrong.

Anyway. Poo off.  :p You should be too busy org'ing a tour to write stuff here. :t-up:

cant org tour engine to rebuild  :(

aka its all under control  ;)  ;)

i agree with you tho, once the westie is paid for im going for a 944 as well as the westie, that way the daily driver is also fun.

Truth is, I won't have paid for V7 for another year or two. I had a loan, got another, paid one off with the sale of Joanna's apartment in Poland when she moved here. Ran up the credit card. got another loan to pay off the outstanding load and the credit card with a cheaper loan. Ran the credit card up again... la la la la. You know the story. I'm insolvant I guess.  :0  :(

christ nigel... and i thought i was in debt  :blush:  :0  :D

I guess the next decision is the Duratec one, but having just signed (well, recently signed) this deal with MG/X/K-Series you wonder how binding the agreement to only use those engines is?

Call me cynical if you like :devil:  but I thought that Caterham only made technical changes to their car when the supply of the previous component dried up.  E.g. deDion axle when there were no more Itals to be had, Vx 1600 OHC when there were no more x/flows.  So when the K series ceases production you can look forward to alternatives.  :D

come on Nige, which Westfield part have you got on your car
It's trivial to be honest.

Its the badge isn't it  :D  :D  :D  :0

Its the badge isn't it

Brilliant..!! LOL.  :D  :D  :D

Made me laugh out loud. Thanks. :t-up:

Actually, this might make you laugh too knowing what some of the Westy lot think of us Caterham owners, I don't actually have a Caterham badge on the car at all. Got a few DVAPower stickers though.

You might be interested to read a particular thread developing on Blatchat at the moment. I'm absolutely ashamed to be a Caterham owner on occasions.

Caterham owners talking crap about history again

Jesus H Christ......

I'm really quite surprised at Eric, I have to say.......

I'm totally not surprised about Dino. I still think he must be a Caterham employee......or Andy Noble :0  :0  :0

I just read the first 3 pages of the thread.....is doesn't half get dull...just like the kit car fued on pistonheads.....

Crap isn't it? DanB makes a good point about why people find themselves having to put their cars into a pecking order.

This type of drivel on any forum gives its contributors an unhealthy persona in the eyes of others.  :angry:

Personally I think all this argument about the se7en heritage to be a little pathethic  ;)  ;)

After all what does it matter what you drive if you don't drive an Eleven? :p  :p

Thanks Blatters. Sorted now.

Amazing how on every forum we can change thread more times than a group of friends smoking weed together.  ;)

I was looking at a lovely Eleven last Summer in the classified section of Motorsport mag. It's on my list of "lottery win" cars. Apparently the Westfield 11's are eligable for some historic racing/events now such is their rarity and the fact that their rarity means most have seen some competition in their time.  :t-up:

Well I'll let you into a little secret, the guys on the gate at Goodwood Revival kind of thought mine was a real one  ;)  ;)

Tell me more about eligibility? :love:  :love:

I have a friend involved in some historic motorsport. His thang is rallying but he knows of other historic events where Westfield 11's are accepted into events.

I guess, as for Goodwood, you won't know until you try.