New Westfield XI

Chef Mayo

Gah! Just seen the new XI at the Autosport show on the Friday trade-day... Ran out of time to ask much about it.

I must confess that - as a C******m owner, I've always admired Westfield for their previous XI incarnation...

Details on the website seem a bit sparse - how long have they been making the 'new' XI - and does anybody know what engine options etc. are available...

I want :)

Regds,

Chef.

No he does mean the XI. Have a look at the Westfield site - it's a reincarnation of the Lotus 11 copy that Westfield started their business with.

Their intention was to make 50 in a limited run - they announced it a couple of months ago. Not sure how many have actually been made - it is a very pretty car. :D

Yep gotta say the 11 looks a very tidy and nice car (IMO)  :D  :D Good to see it back  :D  :D

sorry, it was 4:30 in the morning when i posted

i like the new 11 too, think it looks lovely :):)

crying out for a bike engine.

my concern is tho that unless a sizeable chunk of money is spent it wont go as well as 7.

which is a shame cos it could be nice fury/pheonix copetitor

You couldn't put a bike engine in an 11!

It has an A series engine, and I suspect the chassis would need some radical work to take much more power than it was designed for.

I think it's a historic car, and meant to be kept the way it was designed.   Surely such a limited number should be kept close to the original.

Their intention was to make 50 in a limited run - they announced it a couple of months ago. Not sure how many have actually been made - it is a very pretty car. :D

According to Richard Smith @ Autosport they have already taken orders for 34 of them.

sorry, it was 4:30 in the morning when i posted

i like the new 11 too, think it looks lovely :):)

crying out for a bike engine.

my concern is tho that unless a sizeable chunk of money is spent it wont go as well as 7.

which is a shame cos it could be nice fury/pheonix copetitor

Needs leaving just as it is I reckon

i love the lines, but i also like my cars quick :D

i wouldnt buy another midget, much tho i loved mine

i would consider an 11 if it was as quick as my current car.

it isnt and for 34 people they are happy with that, I wouldnt be.  I think there is a market westfield are not exploiting.

just me, alone in my own little bubble of boooooozzzzzzeeeeee

:D:D:)

The Avatar? If only... it's a DB3S... worth a fortune :0

I'll take that as a 'no' then. You can pay a lot of school fees with a 'fortune' (I hear) :D

Andy

Performance Road Cars Based upon the same legendary Westfield chassis with front independent wishbones and rear five link with four trailing arms and panard rod, our range of Performance Road Cars provides a unique combination of traditional sports car style with the best of modern design and technology with a wide choice of power options.

... the X1 is based on the same chassis as all the "normal" westys. Although how they make the leap to "legendary" is a bit beyond me...  :zzz:

It even says choice of power options in that quote so presumably they've already thought of this.

Selling a car with a ****** A series engine in this day and age, sheesh, buy a ****** caterham if you want heritage! :devil:  :p  :D  :D

FWIW,  and along the same thead but not 'exactly'  

In respect of Weber not making the carbs anymore Richard S said that all new factory builds will be with throttle bodies.  Let see what happens . . . . . . . . .

...and you know what I forgot to complain BITTERY about the REALLY CRAPPY carbon effect guards.  What an oppertunity missed  :angry:

HOw about a nice screaming Imp engine in the XI...all alloy slant 4...with those aerodynamics...it should have plenty of go......dunno how you go about mounting a gearbox to it tho??