• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Plays-kool seats

leighc

'other people' ocassional drive mine who are, how do I put this.........

slightly longer in the leg than I....... :D  :D

Well put..

You were nearly finishing your own rebuild for a moment  :p

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leighc

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• DickieB

P W - I'm the only driver of the car so it shouldnt be a problem. My dad is insured to drive it as its the only way i could get insurance but so far he's been pretty reluctant to get in it, either behind the wheel or passenger seat. hmm, not quite sure if its the car or me he doesnt trust.....  :p

Will probably be going for PKM seats bolted down...

So last night unbolted the existing Westy race seats and found that the car has two pieces of flat steel running from the gearbox tunnel to the outside chassis rail that the runners bolt through. They look as though they are part of the chassis. The car was built in 2000.

I guess I might get lucky and find that the bolt holes for the new seats happen to line up with them but if not how would you/do you mount yours. Do you just bolt them through the ally floor? What do you put underneath the seat/floor? Big repair washer? I don't want it ripping through under braking/impact/acceleration :oops:

Thanks for your help

Mike

PS Stunning brackets by Westfieldman - I'll be in touch :D

The Throbber originally had a 'shell' seat in it. While fine on track or for a few miles on the roads, it rapidly becomes a little uncomfortable on back roads and the like.

Andy,

What with the above and cracked sumps, the car is trying to tell you something.

"Stay off minor roads and drive on smooth tracks"

John  :D

What with the above and cracked sumps, the car is trying to tell you something.

"Stay off minor roads and drive on smooth tracks"

Good point...

I'll need to do some more research before driving on the road :)

In fairness regarding the sump, I knew there was a bl**** great dip on the road I cracked the sump, so I was taking it easy.

Unfortunately, I'd just got to the 'I must have passed it by now' point and started to accelerate again :down:

Andy

A small tip Andy, you know when you get there cuz the road sort of dips a bit!

Or better yet, I'm just not going on that particular bit of road again... :t-up:

Andy

I guess I might get lucky and find that the bolt holes for the new seats happen to line up with them but if not how would you/do you mount yours. Do you just bolt them through the ally floor? What do you put underneath the seat/floor? Big repair washer? I don't want it ripping through under braking/impact/acceleration  

Felters...you will need to re-drill the holes both slightly wider and longer, however the hole (if same R500 seats) should still be within the confines of the black cross bars.  

I wouldn't bolt to the ali..IMO that is a receipe for disaster  :(

I used a pair of corbeau seat runners which also needed one new mounting hole drilled and some spacers fitted to lift the seat off the floor, I just used some exta long bolts and lock nots...easy really, it takes a bit of time to work out but it's not a big job  :t-up:

I wouldn't bolt to the ali..IMO that is a receipe for disaster

The seat mount bars in the chassis have been a feature for only a few years. IIRC, before about 1997 or thereabouts, all seats/runners were bolted directly to the ally floor. Nio problems with this in my sprint car...

I wouldn't trust your life to mounting seats to the ally floor. If you have an impact then the forces generated could easily rip through the floor, even with big washers.

I had another piece of steel welded the same as the seat mount bars in the correct place to drill through and fix the seat too.