Plays-kool seats

leighc

I have an R500 Playkool seat in my sprint car I do not do lots of road miles in it but all the same I dont think it would be a problem. On a sprint though its great and I would not swop it unless it was for a carbon one. :p

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leighc

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• DickieB

I got one of PKM's carbon seats and its well comfy  :D  :D  :D  :D

Mine is bolted down and braced to back, similar to Pauls above - cos its generally only me that drives it  :D  :D  :D  :D

oh and Wotbox sometimes - with a cushion  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

Thanks again for all the helpful advice chaps, all advice gladly welcomed  :t-up:

westfieldman, is that a bracket you made up yourself? I was thinkin earlier if they would flex a lot if just bolted to the floor.

Cheers,

Leigh

I've got Playskool shell seats too. (not the R2x250 theme ones). Fantastic for sprinting and I've done a good few 1000mls in them on the road including coast to coast airborne division :0 Long distance comfort provided by sitting on a piece of Karrimat/CCfoam.

Damn site easier to deal with if they get wet too

:D

yeah too true Scott. I had these crappy vinyl things mounted on a piece of plywood when i first got it. Drivin it home and it was pi**in it down, the sponge and wood got wet and went rotten and all sorts. not good. sponge has that tendancy to smell horrible once its been wet too.  :arse:

Havent heard a bad word about the seats yet. all good, payday friday so i'm sure i'll be usin the phone. Upgradeitis continues......  :t-up:

I have a pair of "Caterham Style" Plays Kool seats in my car and they are fine.  A lot more comfortable than they look!  However have not spent more than about 40 mins in the car at a time due to the cold weather.

My seat is also bolted to the floor. The seat is up aginst the rear bulk head without suport at the moment but I will be fixing it there for this season.

like duncan and rob have already said pkm r500 seats are much more comfortable than they look - I've been well impressed this year

like mark says - only put support bracket behind seat if u are the only driver

mines not got one as 'other people' ocassional drive mine who are, how do I put this.........

slightly longer in the leg than I....... :D  :D

even without bracket I've been ok

If you go for one of the MOG racing CF seats you wont need the rear bracket, because they are stiff enough not to need it.

Can't fault mine !!!

Bazzer