Plays-kool seats

leighc

Does anybody use the GRP seats in an average road car, and what are they like for comfort? Hopefully be buying some this weekend, just needed reassurance.

Also will anybody be at autosport on sunday? Its the only day i can make it, and yes I know it will be busy  :down:

Thanks,

Leigh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leighc

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• DickieB

I have just got a PK GRP seat. Not yet fitted, but I've sat in it enough to check the layout of my new dash that I am making.  It's very comfortable.

cool, what kind of dash are you making? I got a fluke carbon fibre one last week. I'm waiting till i've got all my new bits before it all goes in and seats are next on the list- I have vinyl pads and they are a bit pants really.

From what I've heard and witnessed, R500 style seat are fine in a road car, although it always strikes me as a bit of an odd question. This is because you'll need to fill up loooong before you get uncomfortable...

ha ha ha yeah true, The reason why i asked is that I dont think I will be going for the pads, and the last time i sat on a plastic seat was at at school  :D  and from what i remember, they were quite uncomfortable  ;)

The Throbber originally had a 'shell' seat in it. While fine on track or for a few miles on the roads, it rapidly becomes a little uncomfortable on back roads and the like.

Mine is now in the process of being replaced with a Westfield padded race seat.

Andy

But yours was the older style Playschool type Andy.

PW has two of the R500 type fitted in his car that he uses on the road and the track and he rates the very highly.

HTH

Rob

Mine is now in the process of being replaced with a padded seat.

SOFT SOUTHENER

I notice you conveniently snipped out the words 'Westfield' and 'Race' from your quote...

I've hardly gone the whole hog and put in the lardy high back seats...

Andy

I have a pair in mine, they are great - very fitted and supportive and your ar*e goes numb before they have chance to get uncomfortable so even if they were, you can't feel it!

The Throbber originally had a 'shell' seat in it. While fine on track or for a few miles on the roads, it rapidly becomes a little uncomfortable on back roads and the like.

Mine is now in the process of being replaced with a Westfield padded race seat.

Andy

Andy,Andy,Andy what the foooook is " The Throbber"? have I missed something? I know I haven't been on much over the last few months but.....

Buzz  :(

Andy,Andy,Andy what the foooook is " The Throbber"? have I missed something? I know I haven't been on much over the last few months but.....

I thought everyone knew...

My new car (as in the avatar) is Jonny Weston-Taylors old Speed Series car, which (I understand) was commonly known as the Purple Throbber...

Andy