The Yorkshire Experience 2005

ACW

I'll be already wearing the water proof trousers mainly as my other half is following me on in my tin top....gulp :D

Thanks for the offers of a ride up the hill :cool: Do I need to bring/find/buy a helmet?

Cheers Stuart

I would bring a helmet just in case we don't want you spreading nits about do we!plus a diving suit as the weather is can get a bit wet to say the least, altho' it was ok last year  :p

Buzz

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buzz Billsberry

• Charlie - Yorksboys.

• Rob Navin

• scott beeland

If you are bringing the westy anyway why not book in and drive it up the hill ? :D:D

If you don't and just want to help drop me a PM with your detials and I will give you a shout to discuss nearer the time.

Thanks

Rob

... bringing this back to the top again as entries to date are low and our local "Treasurer" is getting pannicky about laying out a ton of money on circuit hire etc. without commitment from us - the members.

If you were holding your entry back PLEASE get it off now so that when we get to the Yorkshire Area meet next Tuesday we can plan forward, rather than worry about whether we can afford to do it this year !!

It's a great family event, the weather is going to be superb and it's ideal practice for the Speed Series boys' outing with Trackrod just over a month afterwards !

Booking form at the beginning of this thread - or on the Events tab.

Many thanks !!

btt.

BUY SOME TICKETS. a great day on a great hill!!!!!!!

Worth it for "Farmhouse" and the Final Right Hander never mind anything else :D

Get your entry in NOW, if there is no significant increase in entries, this event will be LOST FOREVER as BARC will allocate the date for other events. You have been warned.

The organisers put enough effort in to sorting these events out, I don't think it's too much to ask that you enter them in good time.

Get em in  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D don't worry about what the weathers doin right now - it'll be right by the end of May  :D  :D  :D

BTT

Sent me entry off before Easter.

If all goes well it will be the first outing for the yellow peril

;)  ;)

Fish :D  :D

So you managed to fit the little unit from your avatar into yer car then  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Got yer logbook yet Mr Fish  :D  :D

Mark,

Collect car tomorrow from Tony Law, cans on order from Wunoff.

Just suspension & engine mapping to sort.

Am in touch with local scrutes regarding log book.

ps engine in avatar is a 2000Kw V20 we've commissioned in Nottingham - sounds awsome on 3 bar boost  ;)  ;)  ;)

Before anyone asks - it revs to 1500rpm :cool:  :cool:

Fish :D

Hi, Some advice please:

I am a new member, having recently bought an old but fairly tidy SE X-flow.

I fancy giving it a run up Harewood on 29th May, but am worried about my / the car's abilities as I have'nt done this before; i.e. don't want to make a total pratt of myself!

Is this a fairly relaxed event with some fairly "leisurely" runs and some older / lower spec cars, or is it alltogether more serious?

Also, (I know this is a stupid question), but how "loud" is 103db. I am running a warm x flow with a Tony Law stainless repackable silencer with a perforated "straight through" pipe in it; it seems fairly noisy but I have no idea if it is likely to fall foul of a 103 db limit. Are there any rules of thumb or ways of measuring before I fork out the entry fee ? (I live near Macclesfield, Cheshire)

Sorry for daft questions; all advice gratefully received.

Thanks, Rob.

Rob... it's just the sort of event you need to introduce you and the motor to something different. I am sure there will be loads of posts in reply from members who were in the same position as you a year ago and enjoyed the Yorkshire Experience !

...it's low key , relaxed and definitely fun.

Rob,

I had exactly the same feelings myself two years ago about my "old x-flow". I'm now competing in the speed series in that very car with a totally standard engine. It is what it says it is- a Yorkshire Experience. I bet if you come along you'll be posting next year urgeing more folks along

Enjoy it for what it is

Great fun  :D  :D  :D

See you there  :D  :D

I had a run at last years event, it's totally chilled out, no timing, you can go at your own pace, no-one is close behind you, no pressure at all :D

Steve, - I'm definately going and will take a cheque to the meeting on Tuesday. Will try to round up the other suspects before then.

Charlie.