Tour Support Truck

oioi

This is really spookey.....

I've just been for my lunch at the Melbourn Science Park (were I work) and saw this lorry parked up!

Come back from lunch and read this thread - coincedence or what?

So, anyone know why it's here today?

Simon

Earlier today Moomin (trucker) said

"Brought the truck into work today so I can make a sharp exit down south later "

I think that's a clue why it's in your science park ;)

moomim currently has the truck. i am guessing he works at the same science park as you (cambridge somewhere).  hes on his way down this afternoon to pick up a caterham that is being repaired and caterham plus truck are off to somewhere - eventually northern ireland but not 100%  ???

the truck will then winter in northern ireland - where it may get some upgrades (new engine  :devil:  :devil: yoko 32s etc) in time for the butcher in the borders tour next may.

Hello SimonT!  I take it you are a fellow TTPer then? (I'm actually TTPCom)

Yes the truck is on site today - I thought I'd park it there out of the way, thinking it wouldn't be too conspicuous, how wrong was I!?! It didn't quite click that it was showing over the hedge that much until I walked through the new building!

:D

I am heading down south with the truck after work (my Westy is hiding in the back of it at the moment). The truck is being loaded with two Caterhams on Saturday and driven back to NI.

moomer-trucker

Hello Moomin,

TTP LabTech myself!

So, when are we going to scare some pheasants round here together then? I've noticed at least 3 sevens on the science park in addition to my Westy over the last few months - we should start a TTP sevens club! Is yours the blue one, mines WRG, the other two are green, one with a yellow nose.

Simon

simon.tullett@ttplabtech.com

My apologies. I wasn't aware that they'd taken it to that meeting. The Miraz web cam had the truck in view all the time but that could have been a fudge on his part... unless he ate the fudge.  :p

The baby is coming home :)

Looking forward to long dark winter nights with the truck in a nearby garage, tending to its every need :love:  :love:

Be kind to it Moomin trucker!!!

... unless he ate the fudge.  

reminds of that bit in the simpsoms where they are watching a drive in movie and the films the "man who ate EVERYTHING!!!"

:D  :D  :p  ;)

Simon, ah I was wondering whether yours was the green Pinto one which I have seen here quite regularly?  Yes, mine is the blue MegaBird, only here occasionally.  I know the owner of the green/yellow nose C*terham.  The dark green SV C*terham belongs to John at 7Layers. There is another red zetec Westy which the guy is trying to sell at the moment. Can't think of any others off hand...  Will collar you for a chat at some point - pheasant scaring sounds like a suitable lunch passtime  :)

Simon, your beloved is safely delivered. Had a bit of a mare of time getting down there, took at least 3 hours (I stopped looking at the time!;).  To give it context, it took me a bit over an hour to get back in the Westy (and I wasn't tanking it _that_ much!;).  Am v tired now, it was a long day yesterday.  I was very kind to her, my middle name is mechanical sympathy!

Moomin Mechanical-Sympathy NoLongerTrucker