Tour Support Truck

oioi

As some of you are surely aware there is se7ens.net.  as part of se7ens.net there is tour7.  Some while ago tour7 bought a support truck.  The old westfield factory support truck  :D  :D

to see piccies of its new glory look here (no prices for naming the person operating the tail lift  :p )

From the truck organiser

"We are trying to collect as many unwanted parts as possible to stock the new Se7ens List truck. It has proven invaluable during the recent Italy2003 tour owing to the ability to carry up to 2 cars but it exists entirely on charity. Whilst we have plans to rent it to other Se7ens List tours, to generate enough income for the "paid for" maintenance and

fuel, it relies heavily on charity for tools and spares.

If you have any unwanted tools or spares that you would like to contribute to the mobile workshop, please contact me and I will do my level best to arrange collection, with thanks from the Se7ens List.

Nigel Marston 07973 347791"

-

You may well see this truck on other events as well as se7ens tours (the next c2c? Si?) and any help is massively appreciated.

Alternatively to phoning nigel you can PM/email me.

Mike

the next c2c? Si?

I'd just like to add that I am considering renting the truck for the next Coast2Coast so any contributions are likely to be used on Westfield events.

Si

Not everyone's favourite charity but quite a lot of people have benefitted from it over the last 6 months... from all camps. :t-up:

Dave Hackett (bike engined Westie) is taking it to Cambridge tomorrow (Sunday). At the end of the week 2 Caterham's will be slung in the back and taken to Northern Ireland where more modifications will be made over the Winter ready for Mike Ketley's BitB tour next Spring, or studbuckle's C2C tour (I don't know the dates for that)... or unless someone else wishes to commission it beforehand (contact me if so).

Couldn't you getter a "louder" graphic  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

A suitable addition perhaps would be a sticker from every seven stylee car club  :D  :D  :D  :D

And good to see the WSC reg plate was kept  :D  :D  :D  :D

Actually, we were thinking of selling the plate. If someone offered us just about anything which covered the transfer, we'd probably take it.

Good idea about stickers of each make/model. I once tried to build a list of them all but think I missed a few. I'll try again and ask our sticker man if he'll oblige. We've already asked some of those who help to stock the truck (like Emerald) for large stickers. Need a DVA one too.

It is already a tad bright. More stickers will only brighten it further.  :D

Actually, it was noted on the last tour just what a great focal point it is. Whenever it stopped, invariably a group of Se7ens would park up next to it and crowds of onlookers would follow suit.

that's a big 10-4 mother trucker.

what better way to spend an afternoon than attracting lots of stares of the M5/M42/M6/A14 in the truck  :D

it's good piece of kit, not as quick as my Westie, not as comfy as my Peugeot, but neither of those can host two cars, tools, mobile workshop.

and here's the view from my kitchen window at the moment:

truck1.jpg

:t-up:

Dave

I saw this truck turn up at a Caterham meeting when it still had the old decals. I think a few people thought it was a p*** take, untill they found out it was going to be their new support vehicle  :blush:

Have to admit it looks more interesting now :cool:

David

I saw this truck turn up at a Caterham meeting when it still had the old decals. I think a few people thought it was a p*** take, untill they found out it was going to be their new support vehicle  :blush:

Have to admit it looks more interesting now :cool:

David

Nice one!!! :(  :(  :D  :D

Buzz :(

I was secretly hoping that I would have to drive it down to the Caterham showroom on Saturday and unload my Westie from the back... unfortunately I won't get that pleasure now.  :D

The truck now has a MIG welder on board...  :t-up:

mOOm

The only Caterham/Lotus 7 club meeting it has been to was MIRA earlier in the year, and it was fully stickered out as you see it now.

Moomin, thanks for taking the old girl down South. Keep in touch if you need me to contact anyone your handing over to. :t-up:

Er, Miraz brought it to the Penn Sevens meeting direct from picking it up from the Westfield factory. I was there with David C, and about 30+ other L7Club members, all open mouthed at the apparent audacity, until Miraz the trucker climbed out......carrying a half eaten Yorkie bar...... :D  :D  :D

I reckon we ought to get a Yorkie dispensing machine installed in the cab...   :D

Brought the truck into work today so I can make a sharp exit down south later - that raised some funny looks!

Am looking forward to screaming through Dartford Tunnel later... :t-up:  though the forecast doesn't appear to be great  :angry:

MoominTrucker

Edited to point out that I'll be screaming through the tunnel in my Westy at 11000rpm, rather than the truck!, which I'll be chugging over the bridge in at about 1500rpm.

Glad you were there to see it with me Blatters :devil:  :devil:

People might have thought I was talking out my  :arse:

:D  :0  :p  :D  :blush:

David

until Miraz the trucker climbed out......carrying a half eaten Yorkie bar......      

err, are you sure it was miraz?  i cant remeber him half eating anything :devil:  :D

still i would have loved to turn up to an L7 meet with it in wsc colours and offered the assembled masses a lift  :D  :D