The Flymo

Tom Green

After much deliberation, and not a little regret, I have decided it’s time to sell the V8 beast. The spec, as most of you will know, goes something like this:

John Eales developed dry sumped 5.0L Rover V8, developing approx. 400hp on Jenvey TB’s, activated by a Motec data logger ECU.

Cosworth T5 gearbox.

Tilton triple plate clutch, with hydraulic release.

3.6 LSD.

Wilwood front  and rear calipers gripping large vented discs on the front.

Custom Ohlins shocks.

Stack dash provides info to the driver from it’s resting place in a carbon dash panel.

Ultra wide track front and rear suspension.

Westfield “race” body kit, plus custom rear diffuser allied to a flat floor.

Full roll cage.

Soft sprint slicks on split rim wheels, 15x10 front, 15x12 rear. Second set of race wets included on second set of wheels.

Small “sprint” fuel tank.

The covered trailer you are all familiar with is included, as well as any spares that I find lying around. Currently, I am not interested in splitting the car and trailer and selling separately, so don’t ask.

I know heritage doesn’t mean too much around here, so I’ll refrain from blathering on about the car’s British GT Racing history in the hands of the late Tony Lanfranchi, among others. Suffice to say that this is a car with a proven pedigree, and is a championship winner in the right hands. Some (rather old) pictures can be seen at Seight.com. The car has had a respray and some new body work since the pics were taken, but you get a rough idea of what’s what.

These two pics were taken more recently:

2421.jpeg

2422.jpeg

And all I’m asking is a mere 14,000 quid, or thereabouts. Due to up coming travel plans, please send any e-mails to blatman@blatman.co.uk. Blatters has kindly offered to forward on any interest as he’ll be able to get hold of me quickly. Thanks.

“Uncle” Tom.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

• Rob Navin

• adhawkins

Having driven this car I can say that yes you do have to be brave when you get in to it but once you are in the drivers seat it is an very well sorted car that is totally rewarding.

A great package and a great car to drive   :D:D:D:D:D

Awesome
I normally hate this term (sooo USA) BUT for this machine it seems apropriate... :t-up:

I'm sure the  400hp is only 1/2 the story, wonder what the touque figuers are like....  ???  ???  ???  :love:

Tom,

How about doing a raffle, say £20 a ticket, all participants sign a declaration that stipulates it must remain as a club mascott for attendance at shows & motorsport events? Take your cut then all remaining proceeds go to club for Speed Series or to a designated charity.

I'm sure there must be enough club members who'd fancy a chance at winning the car? You only need 700 participants to raise the funds, any more is money in the kitty.

Just an idea :t-up:

Could I fit a windscreen and bigger fuel tank?

;)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
LOL handy word of advice: when acting as a serious agent for the selling of someone else's vehicle, it is best not to use a one line post which by its minimalist content, draws attention to ones signature  :D  :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.