Hi i'm new!

Tronk

Hi,

There's a chap on the Se7ens list who has just posted about selling his Megabusa.

His address is:

"David Joyce"

Maybe worth speaking to him if you're serious?

Once you're 'on the ladder' there's plenty you can do to upgrade the car you buy step by step. Failing that, they hold their value fairly well, so you can 'enjoy' your car for a while and then sell it on to upgrade to a bigger and better one :)

That's exactly what I've just done!

I paid ~£6k for my first taste of Westfield, which was an SEiW model with X-flow engine.

Just sold that & bought a 2l Zetec from Bananaman ;)

Who himself has just upgraded to even more power, 250hp to be 'fairly' exact!  :t-up:  :devil:  :0

I can't wait to see that beast & I'm not talking about 'nanaman either  :p

I dunno...you've got several grand to spend on a shiny car, but can't spare 25 quid to join the club! :D

I'm up in your area next week (will be on Anglesey, and popping over to my mother's place probably on the Monday). We could have a 'yellow' get-together :D

Andy

Which would be quicker a westie same chassis.

One with a bike engine running 180bhp

or

One with a zetec engine running 180bhp???

I know how it is on forums... some's probably asked this a million times before.

Please humour me :D

I live in Derby and have been modding cars for about 4 years now!  I know a little but not enough to build my own, even though thats ideally what i'd love to do.  

Just do it! I was in exactly the same boat as you last year and built my Megabusa from scratch. Can you use a rivet gun? Read? Tighten up bolts? Then you can build one.

Best of all if you get stuck I live in Nottingham and would be more than willing to help out if you get stuck. If you work at it flat out you can get it to a rolling shell in under a week, then it's up to you how long it takes. Mine took about 6 months, but I had several months off due to work commitments.

On a track a Megabusa is slightly quicker than a Megablade, but there's not that much in it. I love mine and wouldn't change it for anything, but the biggest headache is getting hold of engines. Hayabusa engines go for around £3K and good ones are thin on the ground. You'll have to dry sump it for track days (another £1K), too. Fireblade engines can be bought for £800 - £1000, plus you can order them new from Honda. Suzuki will not sell you a new Hayabusa engine - the only way to do it is to break a bike. It sounds daft, but probably the most cost effective way to get a Hayabusa engine is to buy a secondhand bike and then whip out the engine and sell on the remains for parts.

If I were in your position, though I would buy Gee-fins car - but only if you want the ultimate track day / sprint weapon - as it's a stunning piece of kit for the money. The R1 engine has more grunt than a Fireblade, too, and can be picked up equally as cheaply.

Anyway hope this is helpful. When you've experienced the 10,000rpm + howl of a BEC it's difficult to go back to a 'normal' car engine!

:t-up:  :t-up:  :D

I dunno...you've got several grand to spend on a shiny car, but can't spare 25 quid to join the club! :D

I'm up in your area next week (will be on Anglesey, and popping over to my mother's place probably on the Monday). We could have a 'yellow' get-together :D

Andy

I thought it was only £20 or £23 for 2 peeps?  ;)  :p  :D  ???  :0  :sheep:  :sheep:

I won't be picking up the humble bee until Saturday am, I must remember to call te insurance company!  :)

It went up recently. From the web page:

Current rates of membership of the Westfield Sports Car Club are as follows:

New Individual U.K. member - £25.00

Renewal Individual U.K. member - £22.50

New Joint U.K. Membership (2 individuals at the same address) - £27.50

Renewal Joint U.K. Membership - £25.00

New International Individual Membership - £30.00 (payable in sterling)

Renewal Oversea Individual Membership - £30.00 (payable in sterling)

I guess that gives you a new excuse for not joining ;)

Andy

I guess that gives you a new excuse for not joining ;)

Too bl**** right! ;)

If it was £20 a few months ago that's like a 25% increase, when my wages get that, then I will join!

If that's wrong, mathematics is my worst subject, apart form when it comes to money  :p  ;)

Just get your wallet out you old tigthwad  :devil:  :D  :D  :devil:  :p  :p  :p

Should've joined when first nagged  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  It'll probably be another upteen years before next price increase  :D  :D  :(  :(  :(  or the day before you decide to join  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :p

I was at merlin motorsport at castle combe last friday they have a megabusa of monster spec advertised for sale on there notice board complete with a build portfolio For sale at about 14-15k I would be interested if not for the seight.Might be worth giving them a call 01249 782101

Good Luck

Barry

:)

or

I know how it is on forums... some's probably asked this a million times before.

Please humour me :D

Would depend on the weight and the power delivery of the engine I guess.

The BEC will probably be lighter, and rev higher :)

Andy

or

The BEC would be quicker cos the engines lighter ... but they aren't the same chassis, the Mega chassis is lighter than the CEC chassis. So the BEC would be much quicker.

My MegaBlade was 420kg at SVA, ISTR the CECs run at nearer 600kg. A Busa would of course be in the region of 30-50kg heavier than mine.