Bedford Autodrome yesterday

deadscoob

Another Bedford day. Great to meet a few faces, Rob expecially 'cos without him we wouldn't have gone.

Sorry you didn't get more passenger laps. Was saying to Ian last night - we never passenger each other because we always have someone else wanting a ride. Think I need to speak to Westfield - they REALLY should bring their demo car to trackdays, it would blow people away being driven by Jim Bickley I reckon.

Anyway, was a great day, got some good laps in, haven't checked the car over but everything seems to be fine. Some great cars there, I'm sure if the XTR was driven properly it would've been the quickest car there. Might've been one of them anyway.....  :D

Checklist for next trackday - tyres, geometry, toilet paper

Thanks to both of you for a great day :D:D:D and good to meet you again Mark.

Still got a big grin on my face now, and that was just from watching you put the car back on the trailer :D:D:D:D

The 4 was great fun as a passanger, thanks again for the ride.

What a collection of cars though.  Porkers were common including those commorn GT3 RS's which were ten a penny, lots of lotus and VZ 220's but only a handful of sevens.

Star car for me had to be the Carrera GT, sounded like a quiet version of a F1 car and left averything else in its wake when it hit the loud pedal.  Shame you guys didn't get out with it in the 4 though, that would have been worth watching :D:D

Thanks again for the trailer Rob - a massive massive help - and your special cans of stella will be with you shortly m8.

Davyboy from scoobynet was snapping away all day long.  you can see some of the pictures he took here

This is one of my fave corners on the circuit.  After a few times through it you just cant help but grin like this.

The GT was an awesome bit of kit.  Game on for the owner not wrapping it up in cotton wool - he was giving it a good thrappin.  4 would have been interesting - straights - no chance - corners - well - maybe ;) hope to meet it again in the future - it makes a good yardstick.

Good to meet you guys yesterday and thanks for the ride

biggest collection of 911's I've ever seen !!

always nice overtaking one 'supercar' after another  :D  :D

cheers

Paul

Scott

it was an Easy Track day as far as I am aware.

Just one that Ian and Craig invited us down to for a ride out :D:D

Not sure if it was due to it being Bedford that there were that many Porkers there ?

PW, you are welcome.

Would be nice to see some more westi's at bedford.  there were only 2 cars yesterday with what seemed like millions of GT3/GT3RS - a bit common really :laugh:

Was it a bit 'greasy' there yesterday? I went to Mallory with BaT. The track didnt really dry out until just before lunch. And then, just as speeds were building up, a sharp shower put it back to square one! Sadly, it caught a few cars out too :( some sustaining minor damage, others leaving on recovery trucks... :arse:

Eventually dried out for the last sessions though, and IMHO the variation (for me at least) made for a great day... :)

Think it was joint easytrack, fastrack day. Porkers were fastrack.

Winter schedule before next track day goes:

Geometry,

Tyres

+100hp :D

Think it was joint easytrack, fastrack day. Porkers were fastrack.

Winter schedule before next track day goes:

Geometry,

Tyres

+100hp :D

Yep....it's gotta work better with tyres on :p

Greasy it was...

early morn we were getting serious wheelspin in the first 4 gears :laugh: from low revs.  As soon as the turbo spooled all hell broke loose.  First few laps were softly softly and after that it was pretty much hammer down.

By mid afternoon it was near perfect surface conditions so we could push on a bit more.  Unfortunately (I think down to atmospheric conditions) we got black flagged for noise 3 times - weird really its quiet as hell.  We need to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Evening, Good to meet you all, yep, yours was a bit quicker than mine....

Easy track are run by Sean Dubbing I think, and he owns one of the GT3RS's, Hence the Porsche conection. My mate has a 3.2 Carrera, so hence why I got to knowabout it and come along.

Damp track was not really an issue for me, but fog was. Still oil surge and oil leaks kind of killed the fun. made it home but making a few new clanking noises now, so looks like a small project for the winter....

Chaz, help is required.....I think.