My homemade hayabusa turbo 7 DASH

BUSANOSTRA

what the devil is that gearlever gaiter doing on there Nick? Seen more elegant solutions on a Robin Hood... ;):p:D:D

Pah !  It was cheap.... :p

/pikey

Besides, it doesn't make the car go any quicker or handle better :p

• Like 1

Most of us have the disadvantage of having a steering wheel in the way of our gauges :-)

Actually, that's a very important issue when designing a new dash layout.  

Because I was trying to accommodate switches where I wanted them to go I didn't spend as much time as I should have done in establishing where the steering wheel was going to end up.  

As a result, the indicator and horn buttons ended up being obscured by my hands when I'm driving. Will be remedied when (or if....) I ever get round to putting them on the steering wheel, but it's a minor annoyance of mine.

John, the car has truely undergone a transformation!

it looks loverly. now, when are you going to sell it. It'll be easier than bringing mine out when i get my residency!

Thanks JonnyBoy, but the Westy is not for sale -- my wife would kill me ;)   BTW although the car looks very different after the rebuild, you can't truly appreciate the improvements until you get behind the wheel.  The Duratec is incredible :)

and a properly designed dash (and yes, I do refer to the steering wheel as Rudolph)

[sarcasm]

John, have you an example of a properly designed dash that you couls show us? Thanks... :D

[/sarcasm]

This is not my dash but one I saw at the factory at the time I was doing mine.

2373.jpeg

I liked the layout so I based my dash near as dam it on this one.

But since I have seen other dashes and although I wouldn't go for an exact copy of them I have seen some very nice details and functionality that I may want to incorporate if I re-did mine.

Malc

Anyway where's Blatters or Nob Ravin to tender an opinion we need a voice of reason.

Sorry I have been busy building cars and having passanger rides in XTR4's  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Can't see the dash so I can't comment.  ( Oh for broadband )

However from reading the full post I would ask one thing.

Arn't we all meant to be having fun.

Lets forget this one and if we have not scared this new member off, from what seems to be a BIG misunderstanding lets try to extend him the normal WSCC welcome next time.  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

having passanger rides in XTR4's  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Rob, as if we didn't already have reason to dislike you.

:devil:

:D

Andy

Most of us have the disadvantage of having a steering wheel in the way of our gauges :-)

Actually, that's a very important issue when designing a new dash layout.  

Because I was trying to accommodate switches where I wanted them to go I didn't spend as much time as I should have done in establishing where the steering wheel was going to end up.  

As a result, the indicator and horn buttons ended up being obscured by my hands when I'm driving. Will be remedied when (or if....) I ever get round to putting them on the steering wheel, but it's a minor annoyance of mine.

Priority number 1 - shift light

2. oil pressure gauge, best ignored on a hot lap

3. nothing

hth :)

I (the real F.V) would just like to point out that in fact the previous post was made by his vestship himself, who didn't realise until it was too late that he was logged in as me...

Shift lights and warning lights are *VERY* visible and dad has the burnt retinas to prove it !!  :t-up:  :D  :D

eitherway its about time your motor had an outing and got some times....when are you due back ???

John, have you an example of a properly designed dash that you couls show us? Thanks...  

But I did show you an example of a...oh, wait...sarcasm.  Never mind.  ;)