O/T - Blinking Popups

Nick.Petty

we use McAfee anti-virus and their Desktop Firewall but then my wife does work for them (ahem....) anyway, I use MS Hotmail for some personal email and have never had a spam email on that account and only ever had one on my ISP account (PlusNet) however, my wife has a LineOne email account (through Tiscali IIRC) and 80% of her emails on there are spam so it seems not all providers are doing their jobs properly!!

MS have advice for dealing with Messenger/Hotmail spam here  ;)

I have Zone Alarm, Free Surf, AdAware and use Yahoo for my personal e-mail (Windows 98).  The only time I get any problem whatsoever with pop-ups is when I am connected to KaZaA.  Very little spam, either (I get the Nigerian bloke at work, though!;)

The only time I get any problem whatsoever with pop-ups is when I am connected to KaZaA.

are you using kazaa or kazaa lite ?

kazaa is full of spyware kazaa lite is not stops a lot of that

I also asked about pop up stoppers a few weeks ago (have not searched for it) but didn't get that many replys I use pop up stopper and it works but messes with the browser a little bit intermitantly.

what operating system are you using because xp has a built in firewall but it not always turned on from new