Off topice digi piccy help

Blatman

The Problem:

I have a load of piccys that I've taken with my digi camera, that I'd like to print out.

I'd like to print "normal" photo sized prints. (The resolution is good enough to support this). However, my software (MGI Photosuite 4) only seems to want to print one at a time, and it enlarges the print to fit the A4 paper I use. There is NO distortion, just a BIG piccy.

I want:

to be able to print 3 (or 4? ) prints per A4 sheet, then crop them myself, to leave me with my holiday snaps in a nice manageable size......

I have access to Adobe Photoshop 7, as well as the aforementioned MGI Photosuite 4. My current solution is to import the piccys I want in to a word document, align the prints on the page, then print. There *must* be a better way............

And apparently I can't spell topic.......... :arse:

Thanks Greg.

The Photorecord software looks good, but there is no option to dowload or buy it, which is a shame.

I have a friend who works for Jessops, so that looks like a good idea. Thanks.

I have a bee in my bonnet about doing it myself with the software I've got, though, so, anyone else?

Oooohhh, p'raps I should mention, I'm using Win98SE.........

put them into MS Word?

Really though the quality from Jessops is loads better and I have a very good photo printer at home. And as the 1st ten prints are free, why not try it?

regards,

greg

Just had a thought, does Paint Shop Pro 8 do it? Free eval download

Jasc Paint Shop Pro

Print with ease

Choose from hundreds of templates to accommodate any printing project. Supports many standard photo sizes, combination packs, and commercial papers. Plus you can create your own custom templates to reuse or share.

The company I use to develop my good old fashioned 35mm films, does a digital photo service @15p each plus 70p p&p.

go to www.bonusprint.com/digitalpix8

David

Greg

More excellent ideas, thanks.

David

15p sounds cheap, but I have had a poor experience with Bonusprint in the past.......however, 15p a print is about half what I've found elsewhere.

I also found some interesting Kodak software here, which appeals to my DIY on the cheap sensibilities...........

Thanks a lot chasps.....

15 sounds cheap, but I have had a poor experience with Bonusprint in the past.......

Thanks a lot chasps.....

At least with digital photos you still have the original :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Chasps  :durr:  :durr:  you are having trouble with your spelling today :p  :0  :D

David

Nope, chasps is an accepted word to be used in place of chaps......at least, it is to us young, hip types...... :p  :p  :p

Similarly, copperslop is an accepted slang word for copperslip.....

In the past when on PC's with limited photo software I have used MS Powerpoint. If you go to insert - picture - new photo album you can then browse for the piccy's, select them and choose how many images per slide in layout. You can also select how the images are displayed on the slide i.e oval, bevelled edges etc. This actually works quite quickly and can give good results although possibly not what you are looking for. Worth a look though!!

As long as the page prints as per the view I have of it, ie multiple images per page, then it's another goer.......I'll be having a look. Ta.........

PhilW

Ta. Excellent looking stuff....